Manufacturing Technical Coordinator
Reports to Director of Manufacturing and Fulfillment
The Technical Coordinator will have accountability to provide continuous improvement and technical leadership for manufacturing and fulfillment teams. Utilizing a Learn-Do-Teach approach, be the educational and training point person. This role will report to the Director of Manufacturing and Fulfillment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Lead the development of a zero loss culture (focuses on zero losses related to human safety, food safety, and reliability) in the department and actively demonstrate Servant Leadership behaviors.
- Develop and foster a communication network that promotes interaction between cross-functional team members.
- Manage the integrity and maintenance of all KAF assets, including production equipment, facilities, and utility equipment.
- Demonstrate technical and business subject matter expertise on systems/products/technologies you are responsible for improving.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills through the use of continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Kaizen, Six Sigma). Show a thorough understanding of the interactions between machine, materials, methods, environment, and people to provide robust operating systems.
- Develop/maintain material balances, operation capability information to ensure optimal production rates, parameters, and formulas.
- Develop and implement manufacturing capacity analysis management communication tools and processes to support the business as needed.
- Provide key technical support in capital projects and new product and packaging material testing/start-ups.
- Conduct capacity studies, enhance system reliability, and identify/implement productivity improvements including new technologies. Develop/maintain strategic technical improvement plans for systems.
- Serve as a technical liaison for all levels of the company including but not limited to Operations, R&D, QRS in support of Business Objectives and on-going commercialization
- Develop/deliver technical training for various levels of the organization and serve as a KAF resource in cross-functional platform/technology/product teams.
- Additional duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. (or higher) in Engineering from ABET-accredited program, or in Packaging Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in packaging engineering, packaging development, quality engineering, or manufacturing.
- Recognized technical abilities and practical experience with strong capabilities in the following areas: Theory/functionality of manufacturing systems and unit operations; Continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Kaizen, Six Sigma); Food science/chemistry or packaging science; Statistics and analytical methods; Process measurement and control; Advanced computer skills; Mechanical aptitude; Troubleshooting; Ability to understand and apply general engineering principles.
- Demonstrated skills in the following: leadership; influence management; interpersonal skills; problem-solving; teaching and training ability; initiative.