This role works on the HR—Talent Services team at Patagonia and is responsible for inventing, improving, and deploying enterprise-wide tools, technology, and programs in the areas of Talent and Performance Management, Learning and Leadership Development, Career Development, Compensation, and Workforce Analytics. As a key member of the team, this role will focus on the improvement of tools and programs related to learning & development and career development, but may also support work across all areas of the team. This role partners with employees and leadership within and outside of the Human Resources function—including our global operations—to ensure that we are providing the best tools and programs to help our people drive their growth, performance, careers, and wellbeing.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in identifying learning and development needs across the company
- Evaluate current learning solutions and make recommendations for improvements
- Design, develop, and implement learning solutions that support business results
- Facilitate learning content in the classroom and in virtual and online settings
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation of learning and development programs
- Track and assist in assessing the effectiveness of learning solutions
- Maintain learning tools, including a learning management system (LMS)
- Provide guidance and input into the broader learning & development roadmap
- Assist in the design and development of career development tools and solutions
- Coordinate programs and implement tools to help employees drive their careers
- Execute change management and communication strategies to roll out new tools and increase ongoing usership.
Other Job Functions
- Support the deployment of systems
- Partner with third party providers/vendors of talent management services
- May provide support for targeted programs to improve employee recognition and performance and/or leadership development
- Build subject matter expertise across all areas of HR—Talent Services
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support the HR—Talent Services team
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor within a flexible, busy work environment
- On an as-needed basis, ability to travel domestically and internationally
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Some technical knowledge/experience in learning & development practices
- 1-2 years of experience supporting learning & development, organizational development, and or related Human Resources programs
- Excellent communication skills; communicates accurately and clearly in both verbal and written communications across a variety of formats
- Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills; able to facilitate in small group and classroom training settings
- Excellent customer service and collaboration skills; listens carefully to customers’ needs, responsive, and able to build lasting partnerships at all levels in the company
- Strong critical thinking skills; able to see the broad implication of decisions and use data to make effective judgements
- High degree of openness to change; not bound by convention when solving problems or finding new and better ways of doing things.
- Strong project management and time management skills; able to balance and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives at one time
- Exhibits a growth mindset; open to coaching and feedback from others demonstrates a strong desire to continually learn and improve his/her skills and actions.
- Action oriented; able to be proactive and move projects forward without the need for continuous motivation or direction.
- Lives and breathes the mission and values of the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning Technologies, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Organization Development, or similar
- Expert in adult learning methods such as ADDIE model
- Expert in classroom training facilitation skills
- Experience managing Learning Management Systems or related technologies
- Experience designing and implementing blended learning methodologies
- Experience using social learning, gamification in learning, MOOCs, or micro-learning
- Experience implementing career development programs and/or software
- Knowledge of learning design software packages
- Expertise in program evaluation methods and/or applied statistics
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.