Job Title: Regional Visual Merchandiser, West Canada
Reports to: Senior Regional VM, West
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Visual Design Group (VDG) is responsible for visual merchandising and design in all Patagonia retail and event environments. The Regional Visual Merchandiser (RVM) provides visual merchandising service to several Patagonia retail and partner stores, including but not limited to: Vancouver, Victoria, Whistler, Banff and Calgary. The RVM also provides merchandising support to key wholesale accounts in West Canada and assists with seasonal sets in the Seattle showroom. S/he is responsible for creating and maintaining Patagonia’s presence in these locations, and for implementing visual merchandising strategies that are consistent with company goals, image and global Go To Market plan.
Essential Job Functions:
In-line Retail and Partner Stores
- Participate in creating a retail environment that is innovative, unique and customer friendly.
- Maintain and grow a visual personality for the store that reflects the community in which it is located.
- Implement visual merchandising directives (Spend # days per week or # days/month in each retail store to implement visual merchandising directives).
- Create seasonal floor plans and implement floor changes with Store Managers and Staff.
- Change displays, point of sale and re-merchandise select areas of the stores regularly.
- Clinic Staff and train new employees on visual merchandising standards. Partner with store managers on the maintenance of the store visually and help communicate Patagonia’s expectations regarding everything visual to the Staff.
- Reinforce and implement Patagonia’s environmental policy visually within the store.
- Identify and procure specific visual needs, such as fixtures, image photos and point of sale materials.
- Assist with new store set-up as needed.
Wholesale Key Accounts
- Partner with key accounts to set and maintain branded Patagonia areas, windows and in-store displays.
- Service and provide store clinics to store staff on visual merchandising standards.
- Work with Reps to coordinate regional seminars and clinics with dealers.
- Participate in set-up of trade show and other exhibits.
- Maximize sales through merchandising.
- Assist with new store set-up as needed.
- Document work performed.
- Assists with seasonal merchandising set 2x year
- Must be able to travel utilizing various transportation methods.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible, and at times noisy, work environment.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Continually able to lift up to 40 pounds from the floor to a waist high table.
- Continually able to walk as job dictates.
- Continually able to kneel down to floor level.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
- Continually able to do fine and medium hand manipulations.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Occasional overnight travel and extended work hours.
- Must provide own vehicle transportation.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- S/he must reside in the territory and be able to legally work in Canada.
- 2+ years retail visual merchandising experience requiring execution of merchandising plans and demonstrated ability to design and construct creative displays.
- Proficient in MS Office, Keynote, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook.
- Knowledge of outdoor industry and local account base
- Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Ability to foster collaborative and positive working relationships.
- Ability to gather appropriate input and make clear, well-reasoned decisions.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Creative and innovative.
- Self-motivated, deadline driven and works well under pressure
- Brand affinity, product knowledge and cultural connection.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.