Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Social Media Director to lead our award-winning social team and take us to the next level of social success. @Casper has already been hailed as "sassy" by the New York Times, "fun" by the Wall Street Journal, and "the stuff of social media genius" by Fortune. @Casper is consistently applauded by industry leaders, noted as “best-in-class”, and has won countless Shorty, Digiday, and Webby Awards.
Reporting directly to the VP of Comms and Brand Engagement, the Social Media Director will lead Casper’s social media strategy, content and audience to increase engagement, and grow brand awareness and affinity across all platforms.
We are looking for a strategic and analytical social media expert with a proven track record of performance-driving results. You are a pro at thoughtfully integrating social media into larger business objectives, and thrive on evolving social strategy based on what the data tells you.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Architect and continuously evolve a social media strategy that grows Casper’s brand affinity, engagement, reach, audience — and ultimately, conversion.
- Act as a social media advocate across the company, ensuring social is thoughtfully factored into partnerships, experiences, campaigns, and products.
- Partner closely with the Digital Marketing Director to guide the holistic social media social strategy and impact paid performance.
- Define organic social media budget to amplify content, garner engagement, and continuously grow Casper’s reach. Measure and report on performance.
- Lead the analysis of Casper’s qualitative and quantitative social data — identify and implement software tools, review target audience performance and strategize new targeting tactics, recommend content optimizations across the marketing organization.
- Direct a team of three associates who execute daily posting, manage a content calendar, and engage with all community conversation.
- Stay on top of and report on all developments in the digital landscape. Have a POV on how to best incorporate them into our current strategy when relevant.
- Serve as an integral part of Casper’s management group and work closely with other business leads to participate in, and actively contribute to, organizational strategic planning and major initiatives. These efforts include long-term strategic planning and playing an active role in developing new Casper programs and initiatives.
Our dream candidate is...
- 7-10+ years of experience in developing social media marketing communication strategies and campaigns
- Able to navigate both the creative and analytical sides of social media
- Experience identifying meaningful, actionable insights within past successful social media campaigns
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms, including their respective strengths and demographics (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.)
- Impeccable writing skills
- Management experience
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!