The Production Supervisor will lead a team of Production Members, Staging and Line Back Teams. The Production Supervisor will oversee operations which includes overseeing organizing, assigning, reviewing, and supervising the production of approximately 40,000-60,000
meals per day for school meal programs for Northern California area schools. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for managing the execution of SOP’s of company recipes, overseeing the development and execution of the daily production plans to ensure
the production schedule is complete which includes hot and retherm lunches. The Production Supervisor will supervise the preparation of production schedules; preparation and assembly of meals; sanitation and maintenance of food production areas and related
equipment; inventory, and distribution of food.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the kitchen.
- Maintains food production costs and price, portion, and quality assurance and control methods in a large food production operation.
- Maintain staff resource planning for A.M. and P.M. production lines as needed as directed by the Culinary Manager Adhere to the Federal, State, and District rules and regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition.
- Maintains the highest levels of food safety, sanitation and cleanliness in all production areas.
- Oversees the use and care of equipment used in large-scale food operations.
- Supervises the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling and storage of foods and the operation of food processing facilities and equipment.
- Develops and maintains accurate records, make mathematical computations, and prepare production reports.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with kitchen employees.
- Manage companies “Green” waste, compost and recycling program as directed by the Lead Chef.
- Responsible for the hands on production duties as needed/required.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the supervision of the production staff.
- Oversee all employee injuries while on duty.
- Utilize accident reporting.
- Take part in all disciplinary action for hourly kitchen employees as directed by the Production Manager.
- Monitors cleanliness of all area’s in the kitchen environment.
- Complies with all state Health and Safety codes.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- 2-3 years culinary experience in a busy environment.
- Hands on production supervisor experience working in a high volume, high end food production.
- Proven supervisor experience including training and development of team.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Advanced knowledge of safe and proper knife and kitchen utensil use.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; both orally and in writing.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Ability to read, write and speak English is preferred.