The Cook Supervisor will lead a team of cooks, prep cooks, porter and dishwashers and will report to the Production Manager. The Cook Supervisor has responsibilities in the following areas, execute SOP’s of company recipes, cooking quantities based off
of the daily production plans, and cooking and issuing the final product to the expediting team. They will do this by coordinating resources to execute production according to the production plan. They will fulfill all bulk food production needs of the business
ensuring accuracy of recipes and food safety compliance. The Cook Supervisor is expected to be an active participant in all aspects of the kitchen, from cooking to cleanup. The position also carries the responsibility of administrating Revolution Foods HACCP
program according to established systems. The Cook Supervisor will provide accurate documentation of HACCP compliance and will lead training and development in this critical area of our business.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Execute recipes per approved SOP’s from Executive Chef.
- Complete knowledge of bulk kitchen equipment including but not limited to operating kettles, henny pennys, and Baxter ovens.
- Ensure food quality standards by showing a commitment to quality from the execution of SOP from start to finish including tasting the final product.
- Maintain a food safe environment, complying with State, Federal and Revolution Foods food safety policies.
- Adhere to company developed Good Manufacturing Practices by maintaining a clean, organized, hazardous free work station.
- Maintain staff resource planning for daily production (Back of the house).
- Develop and co-ordinate weekly bulk production plans.
- Ensure product preparation and availability to meet production plans.
- Maintain budgeted food costs through waste reduction, proper planning and staff management.
- Manages company “Green” waste, compost and recycling program.
- Maintains consistency in food quality standards.
- Conducts kitchen orientation for Porter, Dishwashers Production/Cook positions.
- Effectively communicates and practices all company policies as outlined in the Employee handbook.
- Manages all employee injuries while on duty.
- Utilizes accident reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring that every meal is of high quality and taste before food goes to pack-out line.
- Observe a safety first environment.
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication with all team members.
- Effectively communicates to Management any issues or concerns that may affect food safety or quality.
- Supports preventive maintenance on all equipment and advises management when repair or maintenance is needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- 2-4 years culinary experience in a busy environment plus at least 3 years proven experience leading others.
- Previous experience in a high volume flight kitchen or school feeding operation a plus.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to read and write English.
- Strong math skills including calculations of percentages and converting recipe yields.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Advanced knowledge of safe and proper knife and kitchen utensil use.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Serve Safe certification a plus.
- Culinary Degree a plus.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.