Revenue Deductions Analyst job in San Francisco
Vacancy has expired
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the Senior Revenue Accounting Manager, this position will be responsible for taking a leading role in reviewing and resolving deductions, including training, establishing policies and procedures, assisting with month end close and preparing analytical reports for internal business partners. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for coming up with creative solutions to improving working capital and helping the bottom line. This individual must take great pride in their work, enjoy collaboration, be detail-oriented, and strive to make a difference each day.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work with the AR team, Sales, Brokers and Customers to review and resolve high volume customer deductions (average 1,000 – 2,000 per month) in a timely and efficient manner, consistent with company goals.
- Obtain deduction back up from various sources (email, customer websites, mail, etc) and use this to confirm they are accurate and authorized before resolving them to appropriate general ledger codes.
- Become proficient in using multiple accounting systems to execute job responsibilities
- Provide support for month end close, monthly reports, year end audit, and other projects, as needed.
- Cross train on other Accounts Receivable team responsibilities.
- Work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- 1-2 years experience working in a complex, high transaction volume Operational Accounting role preferred
- Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience preferred
- Strong accounting systems aptitude
- Strong Excel skills, familiar with macros, pivot tables, etc.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the
ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Revenue Accounting Manager