iOS Engineer job in New York City
Kickstarter is seeking a skilled, passionate and experienced iOS engineer who loves product-building and problem solving to join our team in Brooklyn.
About The Team
Our small engineering team works closely together to create new tools, improve on existing features, and ensure a smooth user experience. We make heavy use of functional programming techniques to build well-tested and understandable code, and even organized a conference for it (2014, 2015, 2016).
About The Role
In this role you will utilize your experience in shipping iOS apps and supporting their lifecycle; your experience with Cocoa and UIKit in iOS; and your experience in writing production Swift code (including how to leverage types and values to write safer, more understandable code). Our iOS app is open source, well-tested, and used by hundreds of thousands of people. We use ad-hoc QA servers to test and demo new features, GitHub pull requests for peer review, and continuous integration to run our test suites.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience building native apps.
- You display a wide range of skills and interests.
- You have a familiarity, or a strong interest in learning, functional programming and functional reactive programming.
- You have a familiarity with testing in iOS and writing easy-to-test code.
- You value personal growth and feedback while eagerly tackling challenges of all sizes.
- You have a love for collaboration, cooperation, learning, and skill-sharing.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical ideas into understandable concepts for others.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk. Please send your resume, as well as some links to your work and a bit about yourself.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.