Kickstarter is looking for an Engineering Manager to build and lead a team of engineers responsible for delivering world class Android and iOS apps.
About the Team
Our Engineering team is highly collaborative. We care about crafting code for the long-term, shipping great product efficiently, and continually learning and teaching. We work in close partnership with designers and product managers in an iterative and experiment-driven process, helping to bring creative projects to life.
About the Role
While you won’t be expected to have significant code contributions, you will help with technical decisions, coach the careers of the engineers reporting to you, and partner with product managers and designers. On a typical day, you can expect to to coach engineers to level up their technical and soft skills, to plan and scope future projects, and to help fix a small bug or guide a new feature development.
Kickstarter Native Apps:
- Are cross-functional with similar patterns, so experience in one can aid in the other.
- Are open source! Our team prioritizes accessibility.
- On the iOS side, are written in Swift and use ReactiveSwift heavily while minimizing dependencies, having close to 100% test coverage!
- On the Android side, are written in Java and Kotlin, leveraging RxJava heavily with unit tests for every ViewModel.
In This Role You Will:
- Serve as a mentor, holding regular 1:1 meetings with engineers on your team.
- Be an advocate for your team’s needs.
- Guide your team’s career development with routine feedback.
- Ensure your team is collaborating, communicating, and shipping at a high level.
- You have 3+ years of software development experience, and at least 2 years of experience as manager of an engineering team.
- Demonstrated work with apps and tech stacks in the past
- Bonus points if you’ve worked on or with a mobile development team!