Amalgamated Banks seeks a full-time Retail Banking Representative to work in our Gramercy branch (which is open M, W, Th, & F 9 am - 4 pm, Tu 9 am - 6 pm, and Sa 9 am - 1 pm). This individual will be responsible for providing a high quality of customer service in a broad variety of activities. Will be called on to work in both the Teller and Customer Service areas, according to needs. Responsible for presenting full array of Bank products to existing and potential customers at the Branch and at off-site events. Support branch management in achievement of Branch performance metrics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Customer Service Duties:
- Perform all aspects of opening and maintaining a variety of accounts in accordance with Bank policy and procedure, including but not limited to the Bank’s CIP and customer service policies.
- Proactively present and cross sell Bank products, through probing questions and offer appropriate products and services based on customer responses. This is accomplished by utilizing the Client Relationship Notes form with current or potential customers. Participate in Bank promotions Perform all functions to open and maintain new and existing accounts.
- Actively promote the Bank and its products and services. This will include setting - up a table outside the branch and handing out information when necessary.
- Participate in off-site sales calls, branch networking, and community and CRA activities.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales, service or account issues. Respond to customer inquiries or complaints in person or over the phone in a professional manner, which may include preparing and submitting written correspondence to respective departments.
- Maintain correspondence with customers and back office by following-up to ensure resolution.
- Greet customers in a professional manner that creates a welcoming environment; this includes proper acknowledgement and introduction in accordance with Bank policies.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of specific Bank products and services while matching those products and services to individual customer needs.
- Review and verify all previous days’ work to ensure accuracy and resolve any discrepancy that may exist; including but not limited to general ledger accounts.
- Approve checks (up to authorized limit) using knowledge of account history and account information on file, in order to make decision on whether to cash.
- Perform various administrative duties as directed by manager.
Responsibilities behind Teller Line:
- Perform all RBR duties such as stop payment orders, accept payment for rental of safe deposit boxes, process deposits / withdrawals, cash checks etc.
- Assist other RBR’s in balancing daily transactions, verifying tickets and daily balancing of the teller area. Help RBR’s with complex work related matters (i.e. check cashing).
- Research and investigate customer claims in archive area, in matters relating to missing deposits, missing checks, original ATM envelopes, etc., in order to help resolve issues for customers in a timely manner.
- Perform RBR functions as assigned. Review and verify all previous days’ work to ensure accuracy and resolve any discrepancy that may exist; including but not limited to general ledger accounts. Approve checks (up to authorized limit) using knowledge of account history and account information on file, in order to make decision on whether to cash.
- Assist Officers in performing various Branch functions and Branch reports, as requested.
- Render priority services to customers in need of special handling.
- Perform various related clerical duties as directed.
- Knowledge and use of the Bank’s Redi system to keep current with updates to policy and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years of cash handling experience required; successful completion of the teller training course and/or Bank Teller experience highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to maintain cheerful and friendly demeanor with customers.
- A thorough knowledge of all Branch related functions and terminal systems.
- Must be flexible to work and/or transfer throughout the network, on an as needed basis.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including on-line terminals, PC, adding machine, and typewriter / word processor.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Availability to work all hours the branch is open.