Credit & Accounts Receivable Manager job
Vacancy has expired
Job Title: Credit and AR Manager
Reports to: Corporate Controller
Location: Ventura, CA
The Credit and AR Manager will oversee credit, collections, invoicing, cash application and chargeback activities of the North American business. This role will report to the Corporate Controller and work closely with cross-functional team including sales, dealer services and other finance team members to proactively identify and resolve issues in the OTC process. This position requires a driven individual who is customer service oriented, strong system skills, and strong business acumen.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage credit, collections, invoicing, chargebacks and cash application activities with a focus on efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage the ERP implementation and future maintenance/enhancement; specifically, around invoicing, accounts receivable and credit/collections sub-module.s
- Plan, evaluate, and implement continuous process improvement in all department functions and processes to support scalability in our business systems and activities.
- Design and implement meaningful and measurable operational metrics to identify and monitor department performance and operational efficiencies.
- Develop and implement credit and AR operational policies and controls and ensure compliance is maintained.
- Establish and maintain strong working relations with the sales team, dealer services and customers.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Tax, Financial Planning & Analysis and Accounting to support both broad corporate initiatives and customer specific initiatives.
- Hire and manage members of the team; provide strong leadership and mentoring and assess the team structure to ensure it meets the needs of the business.
- Lead/assist with ad hoc projects as required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and busy work environment.
- 5 to 7 years experience managing a credit & AR department
- Experience in the apparel industry with a focus on the wholesale business
- Bachelor’s degree in business a plus
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office software, including advanced Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Cognos BI a plus
- Prior experience in an end to end ERP implementation a plus
- System savvy and ability to work with different applications and databases; experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred
- Self-starter, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, flexible, resourceful, process driven with a high regard for the Patagonia culture and business needs
- Extensive experience reengineering, documenting and rolling out processes in a changing business environment
- Must be detail orientated, yet can easily grasp the "big picture"
- Willingness to rollup sleeves and get into the detail as needed, with a drive to follow up and follow through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.