Front End Engineer job in New York City
Kickstarter is looking for a Front End Engineer in our Brooklyn office who wants to help bring creative projects to life.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Engineering team builds and maintains software to help bring creative projects to life. We help creators run and track fundraising efforts, help users find projects they want to support, and enable creators to share their process with backers after funding. On the front-end, we build features with modern frameworks like SASS, Atomic Design, React, Redux, Apollo, and TypeScript, all backed by a GraphQL API. We use iterative and data-driven processes to build and refine our platform that supports our mission of bringing creative projects to life.
In This Role, You Will:
Work closely with designers, product managers and other engineers to create beautiful, usable interfaces for desktop and mobile web.
- Collaborate with front-end engineers outside your feature team to maintain shared code and front-end infrastructure.
- Coordinate with back-end engineers to provide a cohesive experience.
- You have excellent communication skills and are good at giving and receiving feedback.
- You enjoy working collaboratively and participating in team discussions and planning.
- You work with an eye toward accessibility while building new features.
- You have experience working with React or similar frameworks.
- You have experience working iteratively and maintained live products.
- You write tests to ensure delivery of high-quality software.
- You have some familiarity with server-side web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.