Front End Engineer job in New York City
Kickstarter is looking for a Front End Engineer in our Brooklyn office who will contribute directly to our platform for creators and makers, and who love building new products and solving problems.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Engineering team builds and maintains our web and mobile applications. We care about crafting code for the long-term, shipping great product efficiently, and continually learning and teaching. We work in close partnership with designers and product managers in an iterative and experiment-driven process, building and refining our platform to help bring creative projects to life.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who loves beautiful design, building new products and solving problems. We're seeking a skilled and passionate engineer who is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, and who values personal growth and positive feedback.. Our engineering team works closely with designers and product managers in small teams to create products our users love.
- You have experience working with React, Redux, and GraphQL or similar frameworks.
- You have an awareness of browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- You have demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
- You are familiar with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails.
- You have experience with Git and agile methodologies.
- You have experience working iteratively on products that have been released into the wild and maintained.
- You are an advocate of the user who evaluates all of her work through a UX lens.
- You have an eye for detail and desire to craft beautiful interfaces.
- You are comfortable prototyping ideas and evolving them based on user feedback.
- You work with an eagle eye toward performance and responsiveness while building new features.
- You are passionate about writing tests to ensure delivering high-quality software.
- You have experience working with a living styleguide and applying its standards.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.