Technology Guide job in Montreal
|Company Type:||Certified B Corporation|
|Impact Area:||Education & Training|
|Company Name:|| Singularity University|
|State / Province:||Quebec|
This is a part-time position, on-demand (hours and weeks to work will vary with demand). Compensation starts at $15/hour. |
Do you have a love for disruptive technologies (especially things like robotics, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, and 3D printing)? Do you have a natural gift for teaching others? Do you want to work part-time? If you answered yes then this role might be the perfect fit for you! The SU iLab is the company’s gateway to hands-on exponential technology. Technology Guides (Tech G’s) are customer-facing positions with responsibility for creating an engaging experience, which builds excitement about technology, its possibilities, and the company’s vision for the future. The individual in this role provides demonstrations of a variety of technologies and leads tours of the iLab. S/he participates in workshops and is active in guiding customers’ learning and exploration.
This is a part-time position for which hours worked each week will vary with demand.
Some of the Position’s Responsibilities:
● Help others to understand iLab’s purpose, and the ways that iLab supports the company’s mission.
● Give tours of the iLab to visitors and program participants. Provide overviews of each technology or tool.
● Teach others about exponential technologies. Provide assistance and guidance as participants experience the technologies.
● Assist other iLab staff in delivering workshops. Provide direct assistance and guidance to participants.
Why You Will Want to Work at Singularity University:
Over the next 30 years, we will encounter some of the greatest transitions that any generation has ever had to face. Technological disruption is affecting every part of our lives...every business, every industry, every society. At Singularity University, we see exponential shifts as massive opportunities for dramatic growth, innovation, and value-creation.
Singularity University (SU) has a globally recognized brand. We employ a vibrant workforce of bright and dedicated individuals who love technology and who are exceptional in their respective fields.
SU is a global community using exponential technologies to tackle the world’s biggest challenges. SU’s learning and innovation platform empowers individuals and organizations with the mindset, skillset, and network to build breakthrough solutions that leverage emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, robotics, and digital biology.
Our offices are in the NASA Research Park at historic Moffett Field, CA. We offer an opportunity to make a difference, a competitive compensation and a work environment that includes a fully stocked kitchen, and a flexible approach to work.
Our Requirements (you must have):
● A high school diploma.
● Be at least 18 years old and eligible to work in the U.S.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
● Previous work experience within the internal events function of a large company or at an events production agency.
● Previous experience as:
A museum or exhibit guide.
A console or desktop gamer.
● A past history of success:
Delivering tours and technology demonstrations.
Public speaking and addressing small groups.
Past experience in talking about or demonstrating museum exhibits
Providing direct service to customers.
Utilizing data to influence decision-making.
● An interest in:
Exponential technology fields: robotics, AI, biotechnology, VR/AR, medical devices, electronics, software engineering. And a wide variety of consumer technologies.
Understanding of the relationships between key stakeholders, the SU community, and clients.
The individuals we search for as employees:
We are looking for bright individuals who believe the world needs an organization dedicated to addressing serious global issues by fully embracing the power and capacity of disruptive and exponentially growing technologies. We are looking for individuals who want to contribute directly to the growth and success of our programs. Our fast-paced environment requires intensive coordination and constant interaction with bright minds and the newest technologies from a variety of disciplines. We have ambitious ideas and plans and need the right people to help develop and execute them. The following statements define who we are and what we stand for both within our community and with our employees:
● We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable, and leaves no one behind.
● We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
● We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
● We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
● We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
● We take moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
● Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
● We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.