Production Designer job
Vacancy has expired
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Production Designer to join our design studio in San Francisco. We’re looking for someone who can help with the execution of a variety of projects and deliverables across all of our existing and future products and packaging. You will be working with a collaborative team of graphic and industrial designers, as well as engineers and product managers. A passion for print design and processes, drafting and illustration skills, and attention to detail are a must. The ideal production designer is creative, flexible, a perfectionist that enjoys relishing in the details of design, and is able to work and collaborate across multiple teams and projects.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Work with the design team to create detailed and accurate production-ready files to send to manufacturers; including print cards and product specifications
- Support the development of structural design of all types of paperboard and soft packaging. Particularly for new concepts, product improvement, and special projects.
- Follow brand standards and guidelines to preserve consistency across multiple brand assets
- Create illustrations and diagrams to depict design intent
- Implement design and copy changes to files quickly and accurately
- Resolve any artwork and quality issues that arise during production
- Manage the extension of SKUs for new and existing products
- Work closely with vendors for printing/mock-up capabilities and file setup needs
- Travel domestically and internationally for press checks
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks and projects are being completed on time
Our dream candidate is...
- Over 4 years experience working at a design-centric consumer brand or agency
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator and Indesign is a must
- Production experience in print and packaging for consumer products
- Can analyze and understand how soft goods, hard goods, and packaging is constructed and assembled
- Highly organized and able to tackle multiple projects at once
- Thoughtful with great attention to detail
- An understanding of the constraints and capabilities of production
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Jobs like this one
- Senior Product Design Engineer Certified B Corporation Other/Not Classified California San Francisco
- Product Design Engineer Summer Internship Certified B Corporation Other/Not Classified California San Francisco
- Summer Internship - Product Development/Technical Design Certified B Corporation Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals New York Irvington