The Honest Company is dedicated to helping people live a happy and healthy life. Founded in 2012, we're a mission-driven company providing 100+ safe, effective, and delightful products across a wide range of consumer categories, including baby, personal care, beauty, home care, and vitamins & supplements, to a passionate community of consumers united by values and style. Honest products are available across the U.S. via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 15,000 retail locations across North America. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
We’re looking for an exceptional Sr. Manager of User Experience and Content to create brilliant customer experiences that guide, inform, and delight. In this position, you’ll be very hands-on in the design aspect and play a pivotal role in shaping the overall digital customer experience. You’ll oversee strategic design initiatives, drive the design of customer-focused concepts that create seamless user experiences, and lead and mentor a team of talented UX designers. In addition, you will oversee the content calendar to ensure the site is up-to-date and fresh.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design process from start to finish, delivering the highest quality products and contributing to game-changing features
- Serve as a lead design resource in cross-functional teams dealing with challenging design opportunities
- Strategically define problems and design comprehensive solutions that effortlessly guide our customers
- Facilitate collaborative sessions and design solutions for complex business situations
- Assist with the production of various concurrent projects related to website/mobile content, user interface design, and functionality
- Document UX updates to websites and mobile apps
- Conceive of, define, and document new features and functionality to increase conversion and growth and support business goals
- Support the execution of projects from conception through delivery including gathering requirements and assets and writing user stories
- Maintain close relationships with our Design, Testing, and Engineering team members to ensure that all requirements are clearly understood
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to continually identify ways to improve user experience
- Be the champion for the Honest customer by developing a deep understanding of their needs and by working closely with customer service team, assisting with focus groups, user testing, and surveys
- Contribute to overall project quality by assisting with user flows, functional specifications, user stories, and prototypes
- Oversee the content calendar, working with marketing and brand teams to ensure web site is meeting product and marketing goals.
- Supervise a Sr. UX Designer and two Content Associates
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- An outstanding designer. You’re a superstar in your field with a gleaming portfolio to match.
- All about user experience. You’ve got a deep-rooted passion for e-commerce, design, and customer experience beyond the 9-5.
- Detail-oriented and focused. You never miss a deadline and like to get things done ahead of time.
- A dedicated mentor. You’re excited to share your knowledge and best practices with other designers.
- An exceptional communicator. No matter the audience, you deliver your thoughts clearly, concisely, and confidently.
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience in UX/UI design
- 1+ years of iOS-specific design
- A strong portfolio that details your contributions to overall design processes
- Superior design aptitude and understanding of web and mobile development principles
- Extensive expertise in user-centered design principles and best practices
- Experience collaborating with UX writers, other designers, UX researchers, iOS and Android developers, and product managers
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Proficiency with Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite
Bonus points for:
- Experience working for retail or web-based companies
- Experience with JIRA