Amalgamated Bank seeks a full-time
Loan Closer to prepare loan files for closing; produce all
closing documents. Oversee all aspects of closing and compliance including RESPA, Fair Lending, TIL and Closing Cost estimates. Ensure compliance reviews are completed on every loan file prior to closing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive and review all new applications for initial compliance review and log into closing calendar.
- Contact title company, bank attorney and buyers/borrowers attorney as necessary to order title work, ensure payoff has been ordered. Resolve any potential title issues that are noted at the time of application.
- Maintain log of all projected closings, rate locks and cleared to close loan files.
- Once approved and cleared to close, receive file from processing, prepare closing documents, test for compliance and Closing Disclosure (CD) tolerance, audit processing work using a QC and Compliance checklist.
- Respond in a timely, professional and courteous manner to any customer inquiries.
- Request that all necessary information has been ordered and is accurate, i.e. payoff, abstract, title evidence, reports, mortgage documentation, and other pertinent information and review for completeness and compliance.
- Ensure that title issues are resolved prior to closing. Prepare and submit closed loan package, deposits and disbursement documentation, recording package, final policy package and/or commission package to appropriate department or entities.
- Prepare CD Settlement Statements and other required miscellaneous documents.
- Follow up on Post closing issues, missing documents, recorded documents as needed.
- Knowledge and understanding of all compliance rules and regulations, including “Know Before You Owe” (TRID) and all disclosure timelines.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of Title Closer/Escrow Officer experience
- FHA and/or VA closing experience highly desired
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Superior communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently under deadline pressure
- Ability to occasionally work extra hours during peak times of the month
- High degree of integrity, self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, and possesses a strong aptitude for figures
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Encompass strongly preferred