The Senior Accountant works in a collaborative manner with regional controllership, corporate financial reporting, internal audit/controls, tax and business partners to ensure timely and accurate financial results, controls compliance and education of US GAAP and corporate policies to the regional accounting teams.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of activities occurring in region as assigned, including any significant transactions, technical considerations, or control issues. Clearly communicate any issues to manager and assist the local team in determining course of action as necessary. Work with Regional Offices to create necessary documentation pertaining to implementation of corporate policies or technical guidance.
- Review and assist in the preparation (as needed) of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual analytical reviews of domestic and international operating entities resulting in SAS 100 level reviews and internal reporting packages used by management and external auditors
- Compile and analyze information related to audited and external disclosure requirements related to corporate filing and external reporting requirements, understanding US GAAP, IFRS, foreign statutory requirements & SEC rules and regulations.
- Provide assistance to internal personnel and external auditors for quarterly reviews, annual audits and budgeting and forecasting requirements.
- Evaluate the impact of new and proposed US GAAP accounting standards required for financial statement preparation as well as various international statutory requirements and communicate to senior management and external auditors.
- Assist in the management of stand-alone statutory audits including financial statement preparation and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and/or IFRS and adherence to applicable statutory requirements
- Facilitate and assist with internal SOX documentation and compliance, including the understanding of internal controls, financial reporting requirements and testing processes and procedures.
- Perform, in a timely manner, all quarterly/ monthly procedures as communicated by manager to assist in identifying improper accounting or documentation activities by quarter-end/ year-end close. Communicate the results of procedures performed to manager.
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with Regional Management for respective regional assignments. Provide meaningful guidance and maintain the position as a resource to local and regional teams.
- Communicate a culture of high ethical behavior and develop a culture of internal controls over financial reporting and transparency. Train individuals necessary as to corporate policies and items pertaining to SOX compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA preferred
- 2-3 years of public/private accounting experience
- Knowledge of SEC rules and regulations gained through experience with periodic reporting and registration statements.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and recent PCAOB guidance
- Familiarity with IFRS is preferred
- PeopleSoft and Hyperion experience a plus
- Excellent communication, customer service and team-oriented skills