GENERAL SUMMARY:The Site HR Generalist role will be based in one of Laureate’s US operations centers providing first response support for employees and managers within their assigned location. Additionally the Site HR Generalist will act as frontline support for all HR Hotline inquiries by completing intake notes and redirecting employees to the HRBP or COE best suited to resolve issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Completion and coordination of all employee lifecycle administration to include new hire set-up, personnel changes, and terminations, unemployment & disability claims. Responsible for processing Employment Data Change Forms and works with corporate HRIS team on data audits and reporting.
- Responds to first level employee inquiries and manages ER case intake.
- Coordinates on site events and activities including wellness fairs, benefits sessions, and general business meetings as needed.
- Site owner of business continuity initiatives to include disaster preparedness, emergency response, inclement weather communications, etc.
- Work with corporate and local facilities on workspace assignments and policies.
- Models culture and plans/executes initiatives and events to drive employee engagement. Champion for Global Day of Service.
- Conducts pulse “check-ins” and surveys with employees to understand levels of engagement at site.
- Conducts local new hire orientations, assists with on-boarding activities and partners with recruiting for site interviews.
- Acts as point person for all HR Communications through creation of site level email lists, rosters, bulletin boards or other appropriate channels.
- Responsible for the coordination of formal/informal communication programs including all-employee site meetings/town halls.
- Compiles and maintains accurate electronic and paper employee records as needed.
- In partnership with functional HR Business Partners; delivers training to employees and managers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years in an HR Role, preferably in a customer oriented industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and the ability to provide guidance to management in compliance with those requirements.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to navigate in a fast paced environment and ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate and models professionalism.
- Experience with delivery and facilitation of programs.
- Experience inMS Office programs required and HRIS systems preferred.
- Interest and attention to details ensuring complete and accurate work.