Master of Fashion Design Program Leader job in Milan
Domus Academy is strongly rooted in Italy with an international perspective, is a career and project based School specialized in Postgraduate education, working in partnerships with several important brands in Fashion and Design sectors and continues to enrich, spread and update the Design and Fashion culture at global level.
Domus Academy is looking for a:
MASTER OF FASHION DESIGN
The Program Leader of the Master in Fashion Design at Domus Academy coordinates the planning, the organization and the teaching of the program, to maximize the satisfaction of students and achieve the highest standards of academic quality; monitors both fashion industry and education trends, to constantly update the program; engages in innovative academic methodologies, including hybrid teaching and learning; provides support to enlarge the network of companies and professionals to offer a valuable range of academic and professional opportunities to students (workshops, internships, job placement, competitions, etc.).
The selected candidate will carry out the following activities:
- Assure the planning and the development of the Master’s Program in Fashion Design, in order to constantly update the academic content of the courses based on the latest industry requirements;
- Assure all teaching activities (lectures, exams, admission exams, portfolio supervision, student consultation, projects and workshops development, hybrid teaching and learning);
- Assure the monitoring and improvement of students’ satisfaction, in cooperation with Academic Coordination and facilitate the necessary follow-up actions;
- Monitor education and industry trends and offering the best services and didactic approach in order to attract students, to widen the access to higher education and to help students achieve their academic and professional objectives;
Provide support for promotional events related to the Master in collaboration with Communication, Marketing, Enrolment, Industry Relations and Career Services, and Institutional Projects Units for academic activities and Alumni activities;
- Contribute to share best practices with fellow Program Leaders, organize cross-disciplinary activities and projects and develop academic projects also cooperating with other programs, clusters, companies and other Laureate Universities.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Fashion Design or Fashion Technology; a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Fashion Design, Textile Design, Management, Communication is preferred, with a previous professional experience in international, luxury, mass market and/or nontraditional fashion companies in these areas: fashion design (menswear/womenswear), accessory design, textile design, and product development.
Fashion Design entails the ability to decipher the contemporary and to translate it into meaningful and visionary codes. Fashion Designers must pursue their own identity and act courageously. At the same time, they need to understand the requirements of the Industry and speak the language of the countless players of the fashion system, to guide complex creative projects, from material experimentation to visual communication.
More specifically, he/she will have:
- Working skills in any of the following fields are preferred: material and clothing innovation, textiles technology, tailoring, knitwear, digital clothing manufacturing, photography, styling, merchandising, buying/wholesales, branding
- Professional proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Keynote, Adobe Design Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). Working experience with movie-making software is a plus
- Wide general knowledge of the fashion industry and specific technical skills and experienced different contexts (local/international, small/medium/large companies, design/production);
- a passion for innovation in terms of trends, material, product and process
- Mentoring students/interns/junior designer experience is preferred
He/She has remarkable interpersonal, communication and organization skills; he/she has a strong interest in teaching pedagogy and curriculum development; he/she has the energy and commitment to guide students from different cultural, educational and professional background; he/she is capable to evaluate and advise existing and new lecturers; he/she can establish and maintain constructive relationships with professionals and companies he/she has the ability to review new student applications and portfolios; he/she can oversee the budget allocated to the program.
Full Professional proficiency in English is required. Basic working proficiency in Italian is expected.
Compensation and contract to be defined.
If you are interested, please, send your application authorizing the treatment of personal data in compliance with Legislative Decree No. 196/2003.