Laureate Education Inc. is currently looking to add a qualified and motivated individual as aSenior Programmer Analyst to our staff. Applicant, under general supervision, will be expected to provide technical, analytical, programming, and process support for the GPS Financial Aid Offices. Applicant will fill an integral role within the Financial Aid Technical Team by helping to solve complex problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop system architecture to support multiple applications
- Automate complex manual processes as directed as well as seek out these opportunities to proactively make improvements
- Code, debug, test, and document complex application systems.
- Design, implement, and document complex procedures
- Create documentation and train end users in system features and usage.
- Query and analyze large quantities of data from multiple systems
- Produce analytical narratives of key findings, including actionable business recommendations for executives
- Develop and deliver presentations/reports to senior management and executives
- Participate in internal and external user groups; serve on committees and attend conferences as assigned.
- Partner with financial aid and other cross-functional staff to identify and resolve problems and to develop reports and applications.
- Support the team by evaluating and reporting on data integrity and working with counterparts in organization to resolve data integrity issues.
- Fulfill a variety of ad hoc data requests to support internal initiatives and external regulatory requests
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Database experience (Microsoft SQL Server preferred)
- Object oriented development experience required (.Net preferred)
- Basic knowledge of application development life cycle
- Proficient with the MS Suite (especially Excel and Access)
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and possess outstanding communication skills. Verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be resourceful, able to adapt, and learn new technologies quickly
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in computer science or a related field required
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of programming experience with a track record of growth and success
- Analytical skills: Curiosity, resourceful, self-starter, willingness to make an impact, strong passion for working with numbers. Strong quantitative background, some data and database management
- Teamwork skills: Must enjoying working in cross-functional teams and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Communication skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project Management skills: Excellent organization skills, strong attention to detail, ability to effectively manage projects supporting multiple clients simultaneously. Experience managing projects with competing priorities
Technical Expertise: Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems, possesses an in-depth knowledge and skill in a technical area, develops technical solutions to new or highly complex problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches, is sought out as an expert to provide advice or solutions in his/her technical area, keeps informed about cutting-edge technology in his/her technical area.
Professionalism and Confidentiality: Respects and maintains confidentiality, complies federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations