Lecturer - Interior Design job in Malaysia
Vacancy has expired
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
State / Province:
Student learning experience
- Use appropriate learning, teaching, support and assessment methods.
- Supervise student projects and the academic elements of field trips, and, where appropriate, placements,
- Identify areas where current provision is in need of revision or improvement and contribute to the planning, design and development of objectives and material.
- Select appropriate assessment instruments and criteria, assess the work and progress of students by reference to the criteria and provide constructive feedback to students.
- Ensure that module design and delivery comply with quality standards and regulations of the University
Managing people and resources
- As module leader or programme leader, co-ordinate with others (such as support staff or academic colleagues) to ensure student needs and expectations are met.
- Manage projects relating to own area of work and the organisation of external activities such as placements and field trips
- Co-ordinate the work of others to ensure modules are delivered to the standards required.
- Be responsible for pastoral care of students within a specified area.
- Act as personal tutor, giving first-line support and mentoring to students.
- Appreciate the needs of individual students and their circumstances.
- Use listening, interpersonal and pastoral care skills to deal with sensitive issues concerning students and provide support.
- Refer students as appropriate to services providing further support.
Liaison and networking
- Participate in and develop external networks, for example, to contribute to student recruitment, secure student placements, facilitate outreach work, obtain consultancy projects or build relationships for future activities.
- Undertake international visits in order to establish partnerships teach at partner institutions or act as Link-Tutor.
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design / Interior Architecture / any built environment related field
- Minimum of 2- 3 years of Interior Design Industry / Built Environment working Experience
- Candidate with Teaching Experience will be an added advantages
- Alternatively, ability to demonstrate equivalent core knowledge and expertise gained from leading edge practice will be considered in some circumstances.
- Sufficient breadth or depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop teaching programmes and the provision of learning support.
- Able to communicate complex and conceptual ideas to a range of groups.
- Able to participate in and develop external networks.
- Able to demonstrate independent and self-managing working styles
ref: (SB_5572) 75 days agoBack to search results