We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
The Sales Manager is responsible for all Customer and Broker Management activities related to a designated channel and regional scope. Multiple customers including Albertson’s Companies, Jewel, SuperValu, and Unified Grocers will fall under his/her responsibility. He/She will be responsible for delivering top-line sales objectives, driving distribution of existing and new products, and for executing against the merchandising/pricing/promotion standards within method’s go-to-market strategy. The Sales Manager will manage all field budgets and be a liaison to brokers in the region. The Sales Manager will have the opportunity to grow through a variety of experiences and a general management approach to the business. He/She will have a significant amount of freedom to demonstrate leadership, high-impact decision making, strategic planning and customer relationship management.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assist in the development of a strategic growth plan for the region/channel
- Build, prioritize and manage multiple objectives within this growth plan, including: distribution, pricing, promotion, merchandising, category expansion, and co-marketing
- Translate method’s in-store standards into key priorities for broker partners; ability to hold self and others accountable for results
- Work with other departments in the company and foster strong teamwork and collaboration to help achieve all business goals
- Collaborate and build a strong sense of team externally with customers and broker partners
- Build rapid, strong relationships based on credibility and trust across multiple layers of management; elevate presence within customer’s hierarchy
- Provide valuable inputs and insights into the annual business planning process at method
- Lead the communication process for Customer Service and Operations
- Lead the regional forecasting process with Finance, Operations + General Managers for the business; capable of building comprehensive annual volume and spending plan
- Spend within trade budget, assess plan for effectiveness, and make appropriate adjustments
- Act as the “voice of the customer” for planning new product launches and other ad hoc business developments as needed; have a clear understanding of customer strategies and be capable of clearly articulating them
- Deeply understand method’s strategic purpose and bridge customer + method strategies
- 4-7 years business experience in Sales or Marketing (Consumer Packaged Goods industry preferred)
- Prior/current experience calling on the new Albertson’s Company
- General Management mindset; proven ownership approach to business
- Strong work ethic and ability to excel in remote sales environment with limited oversight
- Ability to work independently to identify business needs and opportunities to help grow sales
- Ability to both think strategically and act as a diplomatic, detail-oriented tactician
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Ability to independently asses data, integrate into selling stories and leverage it to grow our business
- Proven track record of delivering consistent positive business results
- Demonstrated ability to make thoughtful, strategic business decisions and provide clear and consistent direction
- Excellent presentation skills and a colorful storyteller
- Strong motivational team leadership and broker management
- Strong technical skills: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Web, etc
- Strong analytical skills. Solid experience in analyzing syndicated reports (IRI, Nielsen) , etc
- Strong character, sense of humor, proactive approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growth company
- Look for fun in work every day!
- Work reception once a month*
* we are not kidding, everyone at Method works reception (costumes welcome)
4-year degree or better in Business, Marketing or related field
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here's a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!