Business Analyst II
Reports to Director of Trade Management
This position is the primary liaison between the business and technology support and has principal responsibility for leading requirements gathering and mapping to implement new trade promotion modules or processes, leads testing and development efforts, ERP integration troubleshooting, system reconciliations and user support and training. The Business Analyst’s primary area of responsibility is to facilitate the continuous improvement of Trade Promotion business process requirements. This position works closely with our Sales team, Trade Manager, Deductions and Finance teams as well as our software provider and internal IT resources to optimize the process and technology in a way that is user friendly and efficient.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Defines, analyzes and documents business requirements. Documentation may include creation of user manuals, workflows and system diagrams
- Develops tools in either Access, Excel or SQL to fill gaps in system supported processes
- Has a solid understanding of the business process flow including upstream and downstream interdependencies
- Uses data, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, and fact-based management to facilitate decision making
- Creates annual customer sales budget input workbooks and facilitates import/export into required systems
- Acts as data steward for maintaining integrity of trade promotion data.
- Imports and exports data and budgeting information into trade promotion system and ERP
- Creates, maintains and validates all master data in Trade Promotion database
- Manages technical elements of sales budgeting process and provides data extracts to operations
- Manages monthly broker commission process. Including maintenance, creation and generation of monthly broker commission reports, accruals and oversight of commission payments.
- Responsible for ongoing data reconciliation, integration monitoring and error handling between the trade promotion system and the ERP or other integrated platforms.
- Provides guidance and training to cross functional team members and brokers as needed
- Periodically evaluates current trade promotion software against available market offerings
- Provides analytical support for business processes
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS & DESIRED SKILLS
- Strong communication skills to work cross functionally with technical and non-technical users
- Data visualization techniques and ability to utilize them to develop powerful and concise report dashboards
- Solution oriented, takes initiative
- Detail oriented with proven ability to accurately meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
- Proven organization and prioritization skills including ability to manage conflicting priorities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA in Business Administration or Information Technology preferred or 3-5 years of experience in a similar role at CPG firm
- Concentration in Business Process, Business Analysis desirable.
- Experience leading or participating in requirements gathering, creating process flow charts and system diagrams
- Experience managing projects including project plan creation, ongoing project management and resolution
- Highly proficient in Microsoft platforms: Outlook, Word, Excel, Access.
- Familiar with database structures
- Familiarity with Blue Planner, Microsoft Dynamics AX, High Radius, SQL or Crystal Reports a plus
- Familiarity with the trade promotion and deduction management process or other trade promotion systems a plus
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for a minimum of 8 hours daily
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.