Workplace Safety Program Coordinator job in White River Junction
Vacancy has expired
Workplace Safety Program Coordinator
Reports to the Director of Quality Assurance & Safety
Plans, implements, administers and coordinates all Health & Safety programs and safety objectives to ensure compliance with current Federal and State health & safety regulations as well as a safe work environment for all associates and visitors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Works safely at all times, and ensures that those around you do the same ensuring a strong safety culture throughout the work force.
- Develops, promotes, and maintains a Health & Safety Management system including policies, programs, and processes designed to identify hazards as well as assess & evaluates hazardous conditions and risks.
- Audits facility and equipment for safety compliance to Federal and State regulations as well as Company requirements.
- Works to reduce injuries through audits, training, JSA/JHA development, hazard identification, near miss reporting and fostering open communication about safety concerns and issues.
- Maintains & educates Safety Team, Team Leaders, Safety Committee and Department Managers/ Supervisors through coaching, feedback, and continued training activities to assist them in developing skills necessary to execute their health & safety responsibilities.
- Schedule Safety Committee meetings and assist the committee with Agenda and planning of projects.
- Manages Health & Safety related communications flow and coordination of communication between departments as well as to the leadership team and hourly associates for all safety and health issues.
- Monitors the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards, and training of employees on safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Verifies compliance with health and safety regulations and ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Will be the contact person for all government agencies dealing with all Health and Safety concerns.
- Manages the participation in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
- Leads, advises and/or participates in problem-solving activities regarding safety and process concerns. Will recommend and implement safety strategies for the resolution of corrective actions to facilitate continuous improvement in Health & Safety programs.
- Ability to investigate accident and incidence cases as well as maintain and evaluate incident and loss records, and preparing emergency response plans.
- Manages fire protection, regulatory compliance, health hazard control, ergonomics, hazardous materials management, environmental protection, training, record keeping, emergency response, managing safety programs, product safety and/or security, shoe safety programs and all other Safety related programs.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS & DESIRED SKILLS
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities.
- Knowledge of behavior based safety programs and experience providing training and information to employees regarding safety issues.
- Highly proactive and self-motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal and state safety & health regulations
- Knowledge of Chemicals for cleaning in a food manufacturing facility.
- This position will require flexibility of schedule for seasonal weekend commitment as well as time on all shifts to educate and audit safety compliance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree or advanced degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, and/or relevant area of study from an accredited college.
- CSP – Certified Safety Professional or ASP – Associate Safety Professional certification is desired.
- 5-7 years of Occupational Health & Safety Management experience.
- Experience in Food Manufacturing a plus.
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge of federal, state and local requirements for safety and keep current on laws as they change.
- This is a hands-on position and the incumbent will spend time on the production floor with employees for audits.
COGNITIVE, PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, customers, and the public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and effectively manage multiple priorities in a variety of situations.
- Ability to successfully interpret a variety of instructions, both written and oral; demonstrates strong and respectful communication skills in order to gain appropriate information should instructions be difficult to understand.
- While performing the essential functions of this job the incumbent is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk throughout the day for extended periods of time. The incumbent is also required to use hands, speak and hear, read and write, use a keyboard and a monitor, and push, pull, move and/or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work is performed in both an office and manufacturing environment with some exposure to outdoor temperatures, dirt, and dust. The incumbent's working conditions are moderately noisy.
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.