Reports to the Controller
This position holds primary responsibility for supervision of day-to-day accounting processes and staff. Manages all aspects of the general ledger, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash accounting, inventory, and, accrued expenses. Leads and manages the month-end close process while ensuring that accounting records and financial reporting is presented accurately and timely. Provides finance-related support to all departments of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Primary daily supervision of process and staff
- Contribute to annual reviews, timely feedback, motivating staff and goal setting
- Maintain overview for bank balances and cash recording
- Conduct month end reconciliation and tie out for cash including general ledger entries
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable :
- Oversight of daily, weekly & monthly processing, ensuring accuracy
- Oversight of month end reconciliation of activity
- Coordinate and manage the collections process and subsequent reporting
- Update and communicate monthly closing schedule
- Coordinate the closing process and train staff in closing tasks
- Maintain general ledger reconciliations and schedules
- Monitor payroll entries for taxes payable, gross pay, payroll deductions
- Oversee staff reconciliation of other general ledger accounts
- Calculates sales and use tax liability, and files corresponding tax returns with state agencies
- Monitors emerging tax law, measures the potential impacts to the individual business units, and reviews and proposes improvements as it relates to tax
- Leads efforts to centralize inventory standard costs, reviews inventory cost variances and provides detailed monthly analysis to business leaders
- Manages the periodical update of standard costs and assists business leaders with the applicable calculations
- Take lead in company fiscal year-end audit and tax preparation
- Oversee company financial records retention
- Monitor internal controls of financial functions
- Provide support for the budgeting process
- Manage software integrations, reconcile and adjust transactions as needed
- Special projects as needed and assigned by CFO or Controller
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS & DESIRED SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft Excel, ERP systems, sales and use tax software (Vertex O Series) and report writing is essential
- Strong knowledge of large data management systems or ERP platforms, with an emphasis on ability to extract and communicate financial information
- Alignment and shared commitment with King Arthur Flour values: quality, community, employee ownership, passion and stewardship.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution, preferably in Accounting or Finance. CPA or CMA highly preferred.
- 4-8 years of professional experience in accounting field with a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of GAAP as well as accounting policies, practices and standards is required.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to sit and do computer work for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in an open office environment
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.