Accounting Associate - Washington, DC job in Washington
Vacancy has expired
Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Finance team. The position reports to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial information. We need you to be highly organized, and detail and deadline-oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously. The right candidate has outstanding client service skills, operates independently with minimal direction and enjoys working in a fast paced, mission driven environment.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Process check, EFT and wire requests
• Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
• Reconcile and process monthly credit card statements and payments
• Reconcile and process employee expense reimbursements
• Reconcile vendor statements; research and correct discrepancies
• Respond to all vendor inquiries
• Assist with month-end close including journal entries
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Assist with annual Form 1099 reporting and associated record-keeping requirements
• Assist with preparation of annual audit and tax reconciliation schedules
• Assist the Accounting Manager with general ledger reconciliations and special projects as needed
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Minimum of one year of work experience in an accounting role
• Understanding of basic accounting principles including accrual accounting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook and Word)
• Must have a strong work ethic, be well-organized and a self-starter
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to report on complex data in an easily understandable manner
• Ability to work independently and within teams in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness that spurs innovation and problem solving
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP
• Intermediate Excel skills
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for the position. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials. Cover letters should be thoughtful, specific to this position, and explain what motivated you to apply.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.