Product Manager, Consumer Goods job in San Francisco
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a Product Manager for plan, define and deliver our furniture assortment. This person will be passionate about product and highly engaged with the product team and the product development process. They will have a deep understanding of Casper’s customers, competitive landscape, and business, and be able to communicate product priorities across the company by collaborating with various functions and building consensus among them.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Developing customer and market insights to identify trends and needs of the business
- Collaborating on the selection, ideation and development of product and product portfolio to match the trends and meet the needs of the customer
- Build strategy for effectively merchandising products through different channels of distribution. Work closely with the commercial team to ensure that market needs are met.
- Understand customer benefit, product features, positioning and messages to resonate with target audience.
- Develop and execute price strategy taking into account costs, competitors, market, and corporate goals
- Collaborate with Sourcing and Operational teams to maximize product execution and margin potential.
Our dream candidate is…
- 5-7 years Product Management or Merchandising experience, preferably in furniture or hard goods.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Able to translate insights into meaningful product solutions, is a self-motivated multitasker with high attention to detail.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!