The Receiver will manage all aspects of receiving products. They will inspect product upon delivery for quality and temperature control. They will manage invoices and packing slips and ensure all are promptly delivered to the office for processing. They
will manage correct and orderly storage of all products in all storage areas according to the Revolution Foods HACCP program and rotate all product according to FIFO. The Receiver will be responsible for recording weekly inventory, and will conduct inventory
counts on items as directed by Warehouse Manager. The Receiver is responsible for accurately recording and removing all waste from all areas of the kitchen by the end of each day. The Receiver will support kitchen production as directed by the Warehouse Manager.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the kitchen.
- Keeps all inventory and equipment in order, clean and organized at all times.
- Follows established receiving procedures and is responsible for food storage according to HACCP program and health applicable regulations.
- Ensuring all incoming product meets all Revolution Foods quality standards.
- Maintains FIFO food rotation practices and alerts Purchasing Manager to upcoming expiration dates.
- Manages food waste program – daily recording of waste level and removal of waste from all kitchen areas.
- Records end of week inventory.
- Records inventory level of items as and when specified by the Purchasing Manager.
- Manages all invoices and packing slips – records if items not delivered and ensures office receives all invoices and packing slips promptly.
- Effectively communicates and practices all company policies.
- Maintains freezer log at all times.
- Supports preventive maintenance on all equipment.
- Complies with all state Health and Safety codes.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- 1-2 years culinary experience in a busy food service environment preferred.
- Experience in fork lift operation, certification is preferred.
- Previous experience managing inventory.
- Ability to work alone.
- Previous experience in a high volume flight kitchen or school feeding operation a plus.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Serve Safe certification a plus.