Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will play a critical role in the accounting/finance department. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the application of accounting principles to a variety of accounting issues and transactions.
This position will ensure accurate financial reporting from NAV (the accounting/GL system - formerly Microsoft Navision) and other systems such as Ultipro (the payroll/HR system) and NextProcess (Invoice routing and approval system).
The Senior Accountant is responsible for specific areas of assigned responsibility during the month-end and year-end close such as the preparation of audit-ready journal entries and general ledger reconciliations.
This position is also a key participant in the preparation for the annual financial audit as well as other specialized audits. This position will interface with other departments to resolve accounting issues, analyze fluctuations in financial results and
ensure accurate financial reporting.
The senior accountant will also support the implementation and maintenance of SOX compliant internal controls.
- Responsible for the month-end financial close process, including, but not limited to the review of journal entries, bank and balance sheet account reconciliations and analyses
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated and financial reporting for the Company and investors
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of accounting entries and financial data
- Responsible for more complex accounting such as stock options, business acquisitions or mergers, mark-to-market accounting, and other complex accounting matters
- Work closely with department heads to support their needs and growth
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of new policies and procedures
- Assist in the design of internal controls and policies in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Play a leadership role in the audit process. Supervise and assist in the preparation of provided-by-client (PBC) schedules and reports for the annual audit
- Interact with external auditors to ensure that support and explanations for all requests are provided in a timely manner
- Provide data and answer inquiries for outside tax preparers to complete annual and quarterly federal and state returns
- Participate in cross-functional projects to drive overall enhancements the finance function
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field
- CPA in good standing
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel functions including macros, pivot tables, H V-Lookup