VP of Operations job in Petaluma
Our every action has an impact on the well-being of our planet and our everyday decisions can help create a better world for all. World Centric certified compostable tableware, cutlery and food packaging provides eco-friendly alternatives to everyday consumption choices, which can help minimize social & economic inequalities, reduce the impact of our consumption on the environment and help create a better and sustainable world.
World Centric started as a non-profit in 2004 and now is a California Benefit Corporation and a certified B-Corp. We offset all our carbon emissions and donate a minimum 25% of profits to environmentally and socially conscious organizations. Find out more about our impact programs here: http://worldcentric.org/sustainability/giving.
World Centric, as a leader in the compostables category, has a dynamic, fast-paced, high growth work environment and is looking for professionals who can thrive in such an environment. The culture and mission fit is very important for us and these requirements include a strong awareness, passion and commitment to social and environmental issues; a high degree of competence, motivation, and initiative; and adaptability and ability to collaborate with others.
Join a team dedicated to creating a better world!
- Responsible for the effective and efficient functioning of overall company processes and tasks.
- Evaluate and optimize processes and functions related to customer service, account management, order management, procurement, demand planning, fill rates, inventory plans, logistics, warehousing, sales operations etc.
- Work with sales, finance, marketing, supply chain and other departments to meet their operational needs.
- Evaluate current NetSuite implementation for current business processes. Define custom screens, fields, workflows, scripts needed for streamlining above processes (work with 3rd party vendors to implement as needed).
- Define and create dashboards, KPI’s, reporting for sales, logistics, order management etc. (work with 3rd party vendors to implement as needed)
- Recommend IT/software systems for collaboration, security, backup, IT, phones, logistics, shipping, order management, data integrity, demand planning, business intelligence, EDI etc. to streamline current operational workflow.
- Collaborate with the VP of Marketing to ensure strong execution of the overall e-commerce strategy, such as integration with Netsuite Advanced Suite Commerce for best of shopping cart user experience, robust analytics, international shipping etc.
- Continuously improve processes for higher productivity and efficiency in supply chain, logistics, accounting, sales and customer service.
- 10+ years’ experience in a hands-on operations role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (engineering, computer science) preferred.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Experience in evaluating technology requirements and optimizing processes related to supply chain, logistics, order management, warehousing etc.
- Experience in creating and implementing best customer service practices and processes
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills, experience with ERP (specifically Net Suite), CRM, accounting, inventory and order management systems.
- Excel expert. HTML, CSS, CMS, SQL, scripting, networking, web services skills a big plus.
- Experience in distribution, food service, packaging, consumer non-durables or plastics industries highly desired.
- Manufacturing background/experience a big plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
This position is full time, based out of our headquarters in Petaluma, CA.
Please email jobs-ops (at) worldcentric.org with your resume and a 1-page cover letter. In your cover letter, please include the social and/or environmental issues that are important to you along with why you would be a good fit for World Centric.