San Francisco, CA | Operations Team | Reports to the Senior Director, Supply Chain
Where do we need help?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to create a shoe buying experience that quite literally knocks the socks off of our customers. Our simply designed wool kicks cut through the clutter, and our 30-day no questions return policy removes any risk for customers to try our products (it’s like walking on clouds). Pivotal to that experience are the people and processes at Allbirds that ‘shepherd’ our customers to happiness. The Senior Manager, Customer Experience is responsible for creating an unrivaled buying experience by liaising between customers and colleagues across Allbirds. This person will develop, build, and lead a world-class team, institute processes that ensure our customers’ basic purchase needs are met, while going beyond what our customers expect to leave a meaningful memory of our brand.
What does the job entail?
- Attract and hire top talent to the customer experience team;
- Ensure that all basic requirements of the purchase process for each customer is seamless, and when we make a mistake, that it is remedied in a manner that meets the “Allbirds Golden Rule”
- Analyze our success in building customer happiness through data-driven techniques, and improve our processes and policies based on findings;
- Manage the intersection between customers and our business with the goal of constantly improving our operations across web product, physical product (quality, etc.), distribution, and others;
- Develop a systematic program to surprise and delight our customers, engendering deep loyalty
- Partner with people ops to create talent management tools and processes for the customer experience group, including training and onboarding, career development, and rewards;
- Manage partners overseas to deliver excellent support to our international customers;
- Schedule specialists to deliver best-in-class customer support seven days per week;
- Help to specify and oversee integration of IT systems within the CX function to help deliver effective customer support;
- Serve as an Allbirds brand ambassador on the front line with our customers via phone, chat, social media, and email channels.
What might describe you.
Our candidate is likely to be an incredibly organized person, with a keen ability to multi-task, and an effectiveness found from smart prioritization and solid leadership. You have an exceptional resilience, with an optimism that supports it. You are a:
- Strategic and analytical thinker with the desire to constantly improve from the status quo to drive improved customer engagement;
- Adept leader with emotional intelligence to build and manage a fast growth organization;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented person, planner, and multi-tasker;
- Leader who can telescope between the details of a single customer interaction, to broad observations to identify and capitalize on opportunities to increase customer happiness;
- Curious and eager person who questions assumptions, and takes initiative to solve problems.
- 7+ years of experience, including management of a customer experience group
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Free shoes