Program Assistant, Managed Organizations (Washington, DC or Chicago, IL) job in Chicago
Vacancy has expired
Program Assistant, Managed Organizations (Washington, DC or Chicago, IL)
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter to support our efforts to launch and manage innovative social sector projects. If you want the opportunity to work with a fast-growing and entrepreneurial team reshaping the charitable sector, then this job is for you.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
About the Managed Nonprofit Organizations
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple public charities, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4).These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation and global health. The organizations have also provided fiscal sponsorship to projects focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
Candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
Project Support (60-70%)
Support the team’s management of a large portfolio of fiscally sponsored and incubated projects
- Maintain up-to-date project data and information in various technology systems, including Salesforce. Ensure documents and information are up to date on various technology systems and platforms, including client-facing intranet websites and Salesforce platforms.
- Enter projects and budgets into time-tracking system and provide reports to managers
- Ensure project electronic files are organized and up-to-date
- Produce reports from project data systems to identify, locate and correct missing or erroneous project information. Assist with team-wide data gathering and measurement of key indicators.
- Maintain and organize team process and procedure documents, including templates, on all platforms, ensuring version control
- Coordinate logistics for client and project meetings
Support grant and contract management processes
- Manage the signatory process, ensuring that documents are signed in a timely fashion
- Assist with preparation of subgrant dockets, such as running OFAC checks, drafting agreements, etc.
- Enter grant, contribution, subgrant and contract information into Salesforce
Support project financial management
- Research unidentified donations to determine appropriate project designation, including contacting donors.
- Submit payment requests, ensuring accurate coding and documentation
- Download and format monthly project financial reports, including transaction data, for account managers’ review
Support project human resources management
- Facilitate the approval and hiring process for new employees, provide support in gathering documentation and managing data entry for processing new hires
Administrative Support (~30-40%)
- Contribute to the implementation of more efficient processes, systems and technology
- Contribute to data gathering and measurement for business operation goals
- Other administrative tasks and special projects as needed
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness in problem solving
- Superior attention to detail
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills - ability to manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of computer proficiency, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience or interest in philanthropy, nonprofits, foundation operations and management
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Up to two years of experience in an administrative support role
- Experience with Salesforce, database programs, intranets and web-based communication tools
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella and how this job fits with your career path. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.