Senior Front End Engineer job in New York City
Kickstarter is looking for a Senior Frontend Developer in our Brooklyn office who will contribute directly to our platform for creators and makers, and who loves building new products and solving problems.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Engineering team builds and maintains our web and mobile applications. We care about crafting code for the long-term, shipping great product efficiently, and continually learning and teaching. We work in close partnership with designers and product managers in an iterative and experiment-driven process, building and refining our platform to help bring creative projects to life.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who loves beautiful design, building new products and solving problems. We're seeking a skilled and passionate engineer who is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, and who values personal growth and positive feedback. Our engineering team works closely with designers and product managers in small teams to create products our users love.
- You have 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Experience working with React, Redux, and GraphQL or similar frameworks.
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails.
- Familiarity with Git and agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience independently leading projects from start to finish.
- Interest in pair programming and mentoring engineers.
- Passion for writing tests to ensure delivering high-quality software.
- Comfortable prototyping ideas and evolving them based on user feedback.
- Experience working with designers to craft beautiful, user-centric interfaces.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.