ESSENCE OF THE ROLE
Catchafire’s Enterprise Solution is the key revenue driver of the company and is intended to accelerate the adoption of Catchafire by large companies, other enterprises, and, ultimately, professionals and nonprofits. In just one year, the Enterprise Solution has become a significant driver of Catchafire’s growth, and we expect this growth to continue full throttle.
As Business Development Senior Associate, you will be supporting the Business Development Director, VP of Partnerships, and CEO as they develop sophisticated and effective proposals, manage a robust pipeline, cultivate relationships, and sell Catchafire through complex organizations. You are an organized team player, a strategic thinker, a natural talent in communications and interpersonal skills, and has long-term aspirations for a career in business development and building large, complex partnerships to drive results. You are hungry for hands-on learning that spans administrative work to increasingly complex client-facing opportunities.
This is a role for an extraordinarily driven professional who is motivated by learning through hard work and high levels of responsibility. This role is special as it will give the right individual an unprecedented learning experience by providing exposure to the full business development organization, unparallelled access to meetings with C-Suite leaders and high stakes opportunities.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and optimize internal systems for the Business Development Team in order to make the team as a whole stronger, faster, and more effective; own the details of pipeline and lead management while taking on increasing client-facing and strategic responsibilities in order to create capacity for the Business Development Director to focus on the most important things
- Support on lead generation strategy and execution, cultivating and maintaining a healthy pipeline of targets, prospects, leads, and opportunities
- Research leads, synthesize information into sales angles, prepare the Business Development Director, VP of Foundation Partnerships and CEO for meetings, and help craft the strategy for each lead
- Support in the development of presentations and proposals
- Manage the transition of new clients from Sales to Accounts
- Track industry news and trends, conduct ongoing research into areas of opportunity, and maintain a knowledge database to support the Business Development goals and curate Catchafire’s value proposition
- Support on business development calls and meetings by being an active participant
- Structured collaborator: You work methodically and create appropriate and effective structures in service of the larger team and its goals. As the quarterback, you ensure the team is clear on roles, has well-defined assignments, and is held accountable. You are also a star implementer and excellent team player in the spirit of servant leadership.
- Do what it takes attitude: No task is too small or arduous if it is in service of larger goals. You are hungry for responsibility of any size and can see how tiny pieces of work significantly elevate the quality of a pitch or strategy. You are willing to take on unpleasant tasks when asked and enjoy the rush of hitting seemingly unattainable goals and deadlines.
- Unwavering attention to detail: You hold yourself to a high bar of delivery, and you ensure that every piece of work that is produced under your watch is excellent. You are meticulous and have stellar organizational skills. You cringe at typos, you are the first to identify a formatting error, and you are able to work fast without cluttering your desk or mind.
- Quick to learn and adjust: You thrive on being able to process large amounts of information quickly and learning from every experience. You are not afraid to try something new and are constantly thinking about what we can do better based on what we have learned so far.
- Relationship acumen: You begin by listening and asking rather than telling your superiors your opinions. You make your teammates feel heard and are able to explain a complex situation or process simply in order to establish buy-in and avoid confusion. You have great people intuition, you are skilled in leading conversations with superiors, and you are comfortable taking initiative in a room full of people. You have the capacity to grow into an all-star communicator and influencer.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
You must have:
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience supporting client-facing teams in areas such as business development or strategy or management consulting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research, creative problem solving, and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated project management skills
It would be great if you had:
- Direct sales or client-facing experience
- Familiarity with the corporate and/or philanthropic sector
- Familiarity with enterprise sales or complex sales
- Startup life exposure
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to careers[at]catchafire[dot]org. Please specify Business Development Senior Associate in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) What is your personal philosophy on work? This position is based in New York City.