Maintenance Mechanic job in Yonkers
Vacancy has expired
Quality of Life
At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and growing awareness of the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers, Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Center for Open Hiring as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovation impact.
The Greyston Bakery located in Yonkers, New York is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to ensure their production line runs efficiently and smoothly.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily production line maintenance coverage in assigned areas.
- Perform Daily Walk-through to inspect facility and equipment to determine if any action is necessary.
- Repair and maintain, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications, machinery, mechanical, electrical/electronic equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments..
- Install special functional and structural parts in devices, using hand tools.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Create a spare parts list for each piece of equipment. The list will include: the name of the equipment, the location of the equipment, the spare parts on hand (including part number and number of units in inventory) and where the parts are kept. Responsible for maintaining any spare parts that we have to have on behalf of our outside vendors. They will be listed and inventoried the same as our own spare parts.
- Assist in the development of and updating of the Preventive Maintenance Plan.
- Responsible for the execution of the Preventive Maintenance program including tasks described in the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Perform start-up assembly as assigned.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that promote effective performance and cooperation with all parties, internal and external.
- Work Days: 5 to 6 days per week including Saturdays & Sundays. Requires a 7th day of work in the busy season, from December through August.
- Work Hours: 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. Hours may change due to production schedule needs.
- Three to five years of food manufacturing maintenance or related maintenance experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge, skills and experience in the use of a variety of trade practices associated with occupations such as carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, cement work, painting, welding, pneumatic, and other related trades, and the perform at a high level in these trades. They must also be able to lift minimum 75 lbs. and work on feet for over 8 hours.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, vision, prescription and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, Long Term Disability, Flex Spending, Commuter Benefits and Employee Assistance Program.
Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.