Production Manager job in Yonkers
Vacancy has expired
Quality of Life
At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and growing awareness of the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers, Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Center for Open Hiring as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovation impact.
As the Production Manager, you will report to the General Manager of the Greyston Bakery. You will manage and coordinate all production activities, operations, and staff to ensure conformance to establish procedures; implement practices that maximize production efforts to improve the overall effectiveness and financial performance of the production function.
- Review, analyze, modify, and implement efficient and effective department processes, policies, and procedures.
- Interface with QA Manager to ensure highest degree of final quality and develop new and better quality methods.
- Ensures approved manufacturing methodology are being followed by performing analysis by identifying any equipment, ingredient, or operational issue that could impair operation.
- Develop, monitor and communicate goals and key initiatives to improve bakery operation performance and success.
- Maintain knowledge of the skills of the labor force to manage in time of employee absence or unexpected peak demands.
- Interface with General Manager to control operating costs, monitor production costs versus standard and implement plans to drive efficiency.
- Coordinate inbound receiving, outbound shipment and inventory logistics with suppliers, third party warehouses and customers.
- Ensure customer shipments are met while balancing inventory and manufacturing.
- Maintain knowledge of machine capacity and develops solutions for efficient utilization.
- Ensures all safety rules and regulations are followed; investigates accidents in a timely, accurate, and complete manner.
- Ensure manufacturing practices and Bakery operation complies with GMPs, HACCP, OSHA, and FDA through training and execution.
- Prepare all required reports and correspondence.
- Develop, implement, and monitor department budget; manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Develop standard work and process controls for new products.
- Identify, document, and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Lead the production organization through effective planning, organizing, staffing, monitoring, training, employee motivation, coaching and develop production staff; manage schedules and workflow.
- Assign duties and monitor quality of work; assure staff conforms to organizational policies, procedures, and government regulations.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively work to promote and recognize performance.
- Keep up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Communicate and solve production-related problems utilizing employee involvement, and open two-way interactions.
- Supervise, develop and coach direct reports through goal setting, clear expectations and regular communications.
- Enforce all company rules, policies, and procedures are met and in conjunction with Human Resources provide disciplinary action when necessary.
- Direct bakery operations to ensure product quality and efficiency of operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Work Days: Five to six days per week including Saturdays & Sundays
- Work Hours: first, second and third shift. Hours may change due to production schedule needs.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent preferred
- Five years related experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels and outside vendors.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, vision, prescription and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, flex spending, long-term disability, commuter benefits and employee assistance.
Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send your resume to email@example.com