Production Supervisor job in Yonkers
Vacancy has expired
At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community.
With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential.
With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and growing awareness of the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers, Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Center for Open Hiring as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovation impact.
We are currently searching for a Production Supervisor for our Bakery located in Yonkers, New York.
- Lead bakery operations to ensure product quality and efficiency of operations
- Lead the production organization through effective planning, organizing, scheduling, monitoring, training, employee motivation, coaching & counseling and communication
- Ensure manufacturing practices and Bakery operation is in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, OSHA, and FDA through training and execution
- Identify and resolve any equipment, ingredient, or operational issue that could impair the successful operations
- Monitor production costs versus standard and implement plans to drive efficiency
- Develop and execute standard work and process controls for new products
- Supervise, develop and coach direct reports through goal setting, clear expectations and regular communications
- Enforce all company rules, policies, and procedures are met and in conjunction with Human Resources provide disciplinary action when necessary
- 5 days per week, typically Monday to Saturday leading and 8 hour shift.
Educational Level/Training and/or Licenses/Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent Experience: 5-10 years of Manufacturing/ Bakery Experience preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership and development of production personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to research problems, present recommendations and implement solutions
- Manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities.
- Work with all levels of management
- Solid computer skills, Excel, Word and Outlook