Quality Control Technician job in Yonkers
Vacancy has expired
Quality of Life
At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and growing awareness of the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers, Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Center for Open Hiring as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovation impact.
As the Quality Control Technician, you will be reporting to the QA Manager. In this role, you will perform testing, review test data, and write investigations in compliance with GMPs and SOPs.
- Analyze products in compliance with GMP regulations and SOPs.
- Review, evaluate, interpret, summarize, and present data generated in support of method validation and stability studies; prepare technical reports and summaries based on data.
- Responsible for daily support to the QA Manager in the maintenance of the SQF 2000 System via Daily–Shift Process Checks of Documentation
- Understanding of HACCP/HACQP verifications, operational inspections, customer/sensory
- Products specification checks and testing
- Collection of in process product samples
- Monitoring and reporting of GMP compliance and special project assignments as directed by the QA Manager to meet the overall Food safety/quality and customer expectations of Greyston Bakery, Inc.
- Review data obtained for compliance to specifications; report abnormalities.
- Complete and maintain appropriate documentation to support testing procedures and comply with GMPs including but not limited to data capture forms, equipment logbooks, and inventory forms.
- Identifies and troubleshoots equipment problems.
- Assists with creation of new SOPs and/or revision of existing documentation.
- Read, understand, and follow SOPs; complies with current GMP as required by FDA.
- Maintains supply levels for performance of assigned duties.
- Maintains accurate and updated laboratory notebooks and records.
- Participates in GMP audits.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Work Days: Five to six days per week including Saturdays & Sundays
- Work Hours: 2 pm to 10 pm must be flexible to work any shift and weekends as needed
- High School and/or College Graduate with strong science background (Biology/Chemistry/Food Science)
- Strong background in Science and Math (working knowledge of statistics)
- Training/certification in ServSafe/AIB Food Safety/HACCP is preferred
- Minimum one to two years in Snack/Food Industry and/or Food related industry (i.e., Production Facility Environment Work Experience; Bakery experience preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to develop clear, concise, and timely oral and written reports
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, vision, prescription and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, flex spending, long-term disability, commuter benefits and employee assistance.
Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org