Managing Director, NationSwell Studio job in New York
Vacancy has expired
Managing Director, NationSwell Studio
Role and Key Responsibilities
The NationSwell Studio launched less than a year ago and is a growing team of ten exceptional colleagues across partnership cultivation, storytelling, content + campaign development, events and relationship delight (management).
The Studio works with mission-aligned organizations to amplify their solutions-driven impact initiatives. The team creates compelling branded content and executions while leveraging synergies across NationSwell’s editorial media platform (nationswell.com) that publishes to an audience of 175M and through our community of 700+ socially minded influencers and leaders via the NationSwell Council.
Most recently we’ve launched groundbreaking work elevating the call for National Service (with the Service Year Alliance), supporting innovators using technology for good (with Comcast NBCUniversal), building entrepreneurial ecosystems + dialogue (with the Kauffman Foundation), narrowing the digital divide in America (with Verizon), changing the paradigm of aging in America (with AARP), championing a pioneering veterans empowerment initiative (with Bob Woodruff Foundation), and much more.
We’re looking for a seasoned leader to join NationSwell who brings a passion for impact-based work, experience generating + managing successful partnerships and an entrepreneurial spirit to continue to build on the Studio’s creativity, reach and impact.
• Cultivate new mission-aligned partnerships and strategically grow existing impact partnerships
• Lead new exploratory partnership conversations and proposal/scoping development
• Identify opportunities for new products which expand our breadth of capabilities + activations that lead to greater reach, impact and staff sense of purpose
• Draw on past portfolio of work as additive to partner conversations + proposals
Partnership Management, Strategy + Creative Activation
• Deliver exceptional + delightful executions across strategy + content + campaigns
• Oversee partnership management; serve as senior strategic counsel
• Grow relationships with external consultants/freelancers supporting research, strategy, design, production, and the like.
Studio Growth + Team Management
• Studio vision, leadership and overall profitability, reporting to founding CEO and COO (executive team)
• Staff professional development, inspiration, team management and oversight
• Nurture and grow our values-driven culture
• Master (and contribute to) NationSwell process and protocols
• Model NationSwell core values: Innovation, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Inspiration