If you know the perfect GIF to hit the moment, if you're a savvy digital communicator that can spot the perfect story to cut-through people's busy social feeds, if you're able to churn out content at a pace to match a breaking media story, and you're driven by creating change on big issues -- then you could be the perfect addition to our team.
Change.org is the world’s largest social change platform, empowering more than 190 million people (including 4.5 million+ Australian users) to win incredible and inspiring victories on the issues they care about.
We're on the hunt for a digital content and campaign strategist to join the Change.org Australia team. This exciting role mixes digital campaigning, storytelling and rich content production to help millions of Australians win campaigns, while growing and deepening their engagement on Change.org. You'll report to the Australian Director, and be part of the global campaigns team based in countries around the world.
As a Digital Content & Campaign Strategist in our team, you will:
- Work with the Country Director to develop our digital communications strategy, including managing our email, video and social channels.
- Identify and tell the most inspiring and heartbreaking stories of Change.org users, driving engagement and impact on their campaigns
- Support in brainstorming and delivering campaign strategy and tactics that win nation-capturing campaigns, including giving advice to petition starters.
- Create videos for distribution via social and email that engages everyday Australians on campaigns, cuts-through online and pushes decision makers to respond.
- Help manage the largest social change email list in Australia -- setting up and sending emails using our Salesforce toolset, and analysing data on user engagement.
- Be all about the data. You'll run A/B tests and analyse user behaviour data, rapidly adopting learnings and best practices.
- Lead on everything social. You'll create posts and pithy commentary to drive growth and engagement of Australians in social issues and the Change.org platform.
- Identify and help deliver digital fundraising and membership retention tactics within campaigns to help grow Australia's membership program.
- Identify the most significant social change campaign opportunities in Australia.
This describes you:
- You have a deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns -- and are driven by helping everyday people fight injustice
- You have experience in digital content production (social/video), digital campaigning or communications.
- You know your way around video for social: from concept development, creation, editing, posting and analysis of success.
- You've got experience in the daily posting and management of social media accounts for a brand or organisation.
- You thrive on social and have your finger on the pulse of what Australia is talking about online, in politics and traditional media. You know how to make your content pop in a busy social feed.
- You're ideally familiar with email list management. An added bonus for familiarity with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud toolset.
- Your online copywriting is killer. You've got a strong sense of narrative and user experience, and you can turn out compelling copy at short notice.
- You crave more data. You're driven by results, tests that are backed by statistical significance, and you're always curious about how to improve your work.
- Importantly, you're willing to take risks, fail, and adapt.
- You've got a strong sense of fun and give-and-take -- our small team is constantly pushing the envelope and each other to challenge assumptions, go all-in, and imagine the impossible.
- We're a small, results-oriented team. We're driven by helping our users have impact. It's a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego and have a deep respect for our users. We expect you to be the same.
Applicants aren't required to have every skill listed, but an eagerness to learn and try new things is a must. Training and upskilling will be provided on the job where necessary.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Join us to help change the world.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
The position is a full-time role, however part-time will be considered. It's a fixed-term contract of 12 months, with opportunity to extend. You'll be based in our Sydney office. We offer a competitive salary, with an indicative annual salary range of $57,000 - $77,000 dependent on experience.