Digital Fundraising and Membership Manager job in Sydney
Vacancy has expired
Change.org is the world’s largest social change platform, empowering more than 200 million people to win incredible and inspiring victories on the issues they care about.
In Australia, Change.org has exploded to nearly 5 million users in six years. And we're just getting started. Our users have helped decriminalise medicinal cannabis, cap credit card fees and get domestic violence education in schools, among many more extraordinary victories. We're providing the tools and support to help people make change in a way that's never been possible before.
We have an exciting opportunity for a digital fundraising and membership manager to join our team in Australia. We're looking for someone with drive, passion and digital fundraising expertise to develop and grow our new membership program – where users contribute financially to sustain Change.org's impact in the world and get more deeply involved in social change.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Develop and deliver a strategy for member acquisition and retention, adapting and modifying in response to outcomes and shifting campaign priorities.
- Propose and take forward strategies to grow, refresh and retain members, including implementation timelines, and meeting or exceeding membership revenue goals.
- Write a range of engaging digital content including acquisition and retention emails, landing pages, short form ads, social media & web content, and more.
- Coordinate all membership communications with the wider engagement and growth objectives of Change.org Australia.
- Collaborate with international colleagues to progress learnings and best practice, including participation and presentation within the global membership teams.
- Monitor, test, analyse and report user engagement and membership data
- Set and effectively track financial and growth goals and the KPIs to deliver these goals.
- Manage external vendors, such as telemarketing agencies.
- Work with the team to develop a membership calendar of events.
- Stay up to date, learn from and deliver best practise in membership, subscriber and regular giving programs.
Here are the skills and experience we're looking for:
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in at least one of the following: Delivery of email/digital campaigns or fundraising content to a wide audience OR delivery of monthly giving, membership or subscription programs.
- Familiarity with and experience in digital fundraising tactics, email list engagement, and cultivating/building membership or subscription programs.
- Data savvy and highly numerate - able to work across formats with segmentation, analysis and reporting. Competency in Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheets is a must.
- Results-focused and rapid learner with ability to make data-driven decisions around creative output.
- An excellent email and online copywriter with a strong sense of narrative and engagement. Ability to produce and send high-quality fundraising asks at short notice.
- Well versed in email marketing and digital advertising tools.
- A 'can-do' attitude and a self-starter proposing new ideas to test and implement.
- Deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times.
- Familiarity with HTML.
- Experience in social business, the charity sector or politics.
- Fluency in UX best practice.
We're a small, results-oriented team. It's a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, have a deep respect for our members and are driven by our world-changing mission. We expect you to be the same.
The position is a full-time permanent role based in our Sydney office, however part-time and flexible work arrangements will be considered. We offer a competitive salary.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Join us to help change the world.