Lead Campaigner job in Sydney
Vacancy has expired
Change.org is the world’s largest social change platform, empowering more than 200 million people to win incredible and inspiring victories on the issues they care about.
In Australia, Change.org has exploded to over 4.5 million users in five years. And we're just getting started. Our users have decriminalised medicinal cannabis, capped credit card surcharges and got domestic violence education in schools, among many other victories.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Campaigner to join our team in Australia. We're looking for someone with drive, passion and campaigning expertise to dramatically grow our users' impact to new levels. They'll report to the Australian Director and be part of the broader campaigns team based in countries around the world.
As Lead Campaigner in our team, you will:
- Be responsible for leading campaign support for people who start petitions on our platform -- helping win groundbreaking and nation capturing campaigns across a wide variety of issues.
- Identify the most significant social change campaign opportunities in Australia, and critical intervention points for everyday people to gain more power in our democracy.
- Develop and execute campaign strategies, including innovative online and offline tactics, that help petition starters win campaigns that seem impossible.
- Pitch and secure media coverage of petitions by liaising with journalists and media outlets, preparing press notes and mentoring petition starters through media interviews.
- Engage with senior political and corporate decision makers across the country to facilitate responses and engagement with petitions.
- Work with campaigns staff to create compelling online content about users' petitions and impact, including emails, social and video content.
- Work with campaigns staff to help manage the largest social change email list in the country -- delivering new and best practice online engagement tactics.
- Identify and help deliver fundraising and membership retention tactics within campaigns to help grow Australia's membership program.
- Support petition starters by leading the organising of offline tactics like petition deliveries.
- Work with the Country Director to develop and effectively track ambitious campaign impact, growth and engagement goals and the KPIs to deliver these goals.
This describes you:
- You have a deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times.
- You have experience in owning the development and execution of campaign strategy, including power and media mapping an issue.
- You're driven by results, crave the next victory and are always on the hunt for the next big opportunity to change the world.
- You've got knowledge and deep interest in the Australian media and political landscape (news and social media junkies desired!), and know how to get a story to cut through in a busy newsroom.
- Your email and copywriting is killer. You've got a strong sense of narrative and user experience, and you can turn out compelling copy at short notice.
- You have a finger on the pulse of the latest campaign tactics.
- You've got an interest in using data to discover and learn best practices.
- Importantly, you're willing to take risks, fail, and adapt -- and are constantly curious about how to improve your work.
- You've got a strong sense of fun and give-and-take -- our team is constantly pushing the envelope and each other to challenge assumptions, go all-in, and imagine the impossible.
We're a small, results-oriented team. We're driven by helping our users have impact. It's a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego and have a deep respect for our users. We expect you to be the same.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Join us to help change the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
The position is a full-time permanent role based in our Sydney office. We offer a competitive salary, with an indicative annual salary range of $62,000 - $92,000 dependent on experience.