Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis job
Vacancy has expired
Attention, master number crunchers! Warby Parker is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Associate to join our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. In this role, you’ll work with the Finance team and other leaders at the organization to drive the identification and evaluation of key opportunities for growth and cost savings within our business, taking on a range of analytical tasks related to forecasting, budgeting, and reporting on business performance and trends.
Among other duties, you’ll be responsible for understanding and driving detailed analyses related to all aspects of our supply chain and cost of goods. You’ll be an integral part of the finance organization and will regularly share insights and analysis with the broader team across the company. Sound like a dream gig? Read on:
What you’ll do:
- Create and manage dynamic and scalable financial models, developing compelling outputs that track business metrics and performance on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Be responsible for collaborating closely with our Supply Chain team to support near and long-term planning and budgeting, understand key drivers of business performance, and interpret key themes and actionable items
- Integrally support FP&A overall on key team deliverables, including the process of annual and quarterly budgeting, financial re-projections, and internal/external business reporting
- Provide analytical support for ad hoc analyses and special projects across the entire organization
Who you are:
- Equipped with 2–3 years of relevant work experience in a highly analytical role at a top-tier investment bank or management consulting firm
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with the thorough accounting knowledge required to build comprehensive financial models
- Naturally curious with a passion for problem solving using data and analytics
- Able to work with large amounts of data and detail without losing sight of the big picture
- A self-starter who is able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently
- An excellent communicator who loves to share findings and actionable insights
- Collaborative and excited to work with many different teams across the company
- Passionate about direct-to-consumer businesses and excited to support the growth and development of an organization that delivers a best-in-class customer experience
- A firm believer in Warby Parker’s social mission
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)