We are the Change We Seek
Imagine working for a company with a proven record of changing the world for the better. At Klean Kanteen we are dedicated to providing safe, high quality products that encourage a healthy lifestyle, sustainability and environmental awareness. Success in making reusable bottles part of everyday life has inspired Klean Kanteen to innovate a wide range of products good for both people and the planet. We are committed to model a better way of doing things, and have fun doing it.
Community & Giving
Klean Kanteen is a Certified B Corp and 1% for the Planet member. Certified B Corporations are leading a global movement to redefine success in business and meet rigorous and independent B Corp standards of performance, accountability, and transparency—which all guide our business day to day, and into the years ahead. A 1% for the Planet member since 2008, we donate 1% of total revenue to environmental organizations focused on shared values—health, sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
Klean Kanteen takes great pride in the company we keep. There are many hands-on opportunities for participation with our partners, ensuring that real relationships are fostered between Klean and the organizations we support. As part of that philosophy, Klean Kanteen has an active employee volunteer program that supports employees’ passion around giving back. We’ve climbed mountains, built homes, restored habitat, and carried water to support those who have none. From hiking supplies to NatureBridge students in the High Sierra to supporting dam removal with American Rivers, our people are encouraged to be as involved and committed as Klean Kanteen’s charitable dollars.
Klean Kanteen is family-run, and employee-owned. We have a tight-knit, fun, team-oriented culture, with a robust employee training and development program. With a casual office setting and open work environment, you’ll find most people in jeans and t-shirts. Most importantly, we’re all here to make a difference, and enjoy plenty of exciting challenges ahead.
The Field Marketing Rep is a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting position that requires heavy travel the majority of the year (Approx. 80-90% of the time). This field-based, brand ambassador position requires expertise and a proven track record in the following: sales, event coordination/execution, experiential marketing, excellent customer service and the ability to inspire and advocate the company mission through authentic and meaningful conversations with individuals and groups. The Field Marketing Rep is expected to represent the Klean Kanteen brand and presence at festivals and events, often which require overnight camping and extended periods of time on the road.
Organizational Chart / Reporting Relationship:
Supervision Exercised: Field Marketing Sub-Reps (Temporary/Seasonal Employees)
Supervision Received: Field Marketing Manager
- Responsible for sales of Klean Kanteen products directly to customers at events, and supporting retail partners.
- Responsible for the successful management and execution of events, as outlined and planned by Field Marketing Manager, and promotions in designated region year-round.
- Manages and executes tech rep clinics and key account support based on priorities of the territory and event schedule.
- Responsible for demonstrating excellent customer service in all interactions. Represents Klean Kanteen in key retail spaces, and builds brand awareness and loyalty amongst retail staff and customers.
Duties / Responsibilities to accomplish Essential Functions:
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Directly responsible for managing and overseeing all event product sales and/or donations.
- Actively works with regional sales reps and sales team to leverage event presence and opportunities, including inventory for product sales, integration with local retailers, and staffing.
- Responsible for supporting go-to-market plans for strategic retail partners.
- Actively supports co-brand channel sales through lead generation and visits to current clients based on recommendations from co-brand channel managers and team.
- Responsible for accepting and processing all orders for fundraising product (raffle items etc.) as they may apply to field based non-profit activations.
Event Management & Promotions:
- Manages regional event execution based on marketing/sales goals and objectives established by Field Marketing Manager.
- Ensures that Klean Kanteen core values as a B Corp, sustainability ethos, and four pillars of giving are integrated into the event experience and execution.
- Drives storytelling and curated content from all sponsored events and actively recommends plans and tactics to push social media integration through the Klean blog, Instagram, Facebook, and other key channels. Partners with Field Marketing Manager and social media/web team to integrate all stories from the field.
- Recommends community oriented events for consideration that are supported by Klean; vets through Sustainability team and Field Marketing Manager for review and budget approval.
- Facilitates integration of non-profit partner events (i.e. clean ups, hikes, activations) at sponsored events within the territory, working with Marketing and Sustainability teams.
- Supervises and executes event operational tasks and logistics as assigned:
- Directs and participates in booth set up, operations, and tear down
- Supervises temporary/seasonal event staff (as needed)
- Trains and supervises regional temporary staff for booth set up, operation and tear down
- Directly responsible for securing Klean Kanteen property, including but not limited to: product, van, trailer and other booth assets.
- Responsible for transportation of materials to events.
- Maintains and reconciles regional event inventory.
- Maintains event van, tents and water stations.
- Support for maintenance and repairs is provided by Klean Kanteen Operations at Global Headquarters
- Responsible for adhering to and directing pack-in and out procedures for events, post-event cleanup, maintenance and reconciliation of vehicle fleet, return/replenishment, and accounting of inventory.
- Ensures all equipment, inventory and materials are professional, clean, and in excellent working order.
- Responsible for managing and adherence to a provided regional budget, including: personnel, lodging, booth specific costs, staffing needs and associated costs (electrical and other relevant spends).
- Collaborates with Marketing to ensure all marketing resources are displayed in a timely and effective manner to best support increased brand awareness.
- Recommends plans to capture consumer feedback and research from the field, including email list opportunities, product feedback and sustainability data for key projects including lifecycle assessment for Klean products.
- Provides detailed post-event analysis and reporting.
Tech Rep & Key Account Support:
- Actively collaborates with Klean Kanteen Sales Team to understand account priorities and focus based on key doors, channels and seasonality.
- Delivers and reports on In-Store product trainings / clinics post-event.
- Supervises local contract staff for clinics and event staffing.
- Provides brand related feedback to the marketing team as well as product-specific, customer service and quality-related feedback to the appropriate channels, through store visits and clinic recaps.
- Collaborates closely with Channel Managers and regional Sales Reps on account interactions, training sessions, and account merchandising.
- Represents Klean Kanteen in a highly professional and courteous manner to event organizers, vendors, temporary staff and customers. Adheres to Klean dress code, and code of ethic policies while representing Klean Kanteen.
- Responds to customers’ inquiries by demonstrating and utilizing excellent product knowledge.
- Acts as Brand Ambassador at all events and in store visits.
- Welcomes and engages all customers and potential new partners.
- Ensures that all customers understand the brand and product value through communicating key stories and high level talking points about Klean Kanteen’s approach to business as a B-Corp and our philosophy around giving (including key non-profit partnerships).
- Maintains detailed records of customer inquiries and requests, and passes them along to the appropriate parties.
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Actively supports a culture of accountability while maintaining the camaraderie and friendly nature so valued by the staff and leadership team of Klean Kanteen.
- Actively participates in the development plan for the team as in their own professional growth plan.
- Fosters a culture of transparency to the team, independent rep groups, retail partners, and consumers of Klean Kanteen.
- Models Klean Kanteen values and mission in all interactions.
Mission and Values:
- Is a champion and advocate of the mission in all actions and interactions with our customers, partners and staff
- Actively supports Klean Kanteen values.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to travel extensively the majority of the season, with heavy weekend and evening hours required (Approx. 80-90% of time)
- Previous experience with contract negotiation and management preferred
- Proven ability to handle the physical rigors and use of basic tools to setup and breakdown special event booths and water stations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service skills with internal and external customers
- Must have excellent organizational skills. Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to make good decisions - think quickly, act decisively and inform others
- Proven analytical, research, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently; self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to communicate professionally with all types of customers, people at all levels of the organization, and external contacts
- Ability to train/supervise temporary personnel at event locations
- Familiarity with basic HR requirements pertaining to a temporary workforce
- Basic understanding of OSHA requirements
Education or Formal Training:
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, environmental studies or other related fields preferred, or relevant work experience/training that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in the role.
Direct or relevant combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities in qualifying.
- Experience directly managing people, preferred.
- Previous experience in event marketing, preferred.
- Previous experience working collaboratively with event vendors, agencies and organizations, preferred.
- Retail experience, including cash handling, preferred.
- Outdoor industry, or natural products experience, preferred.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Desktop PC, Laptop, standard computer programs and office equipment
- Event booths
- Water stations
- Basic tools for booth set up and tear down
- Diesel vehicle
- Operation of a vehicle with a trailer
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Standard business / cubicle environment as well as outdoors
- Work in all weather conditions
- Camping in all weather conditions
- Bending, and reaching forward, sideways, and overhead
- Sitting and standing for long periods at a time
- Operation of motor vehicle (requires valid driver’s license)
- Climb ladders
- Lifting 50 lbs.
Must be a resident of California.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE