We are The Black Sheep Agency, a cause-driven brand strategy firm that works with impactful companies and organizations to activate communities around things that matter. Fiercely dedicated to serving our community, we strive to organize an army of co-conspirators who share a common vision. Together with our clients and collaborators, we unite around one thing—building a future we can believe in.
And we're looking to grow.
- Are you an “ideas” person? Can you creatively solve problems with an eye for the audiences and a brain for details?
- Do you love to write—enough so that you’d label yourself a writer? Do you feel like you can write pretty much anything—whip up a headline in a matter of seconds, burrow in to write longer form content that shines from start to finish? Can you change your “voice” on a dime?
- Are you a self-starter? A figure-it-outer? A person who asks the right questions in order to take control of the situation and get things done? Do you have experience managing client projects and thinking strategically?
- Do you thrive on understanding what makes the world tick: in consumers, in culture and in business?
- Do you have experience creating strategies, encompassing idea generation, understanding a client’s true needs and putting it to paper?
If you answered an enthusiastic “YES!” to all of the above, we want to know more about you. Send us your resume, portfolio and/or writing samples and a brief explanation of why YOU would like to join our team.
While the position requires a “whatever-it-takes attitude,” some of the more predictable responsibilities include:
- Concepting and writing original copy across a range of media and formats (print, digital, social media, etc.).
- Brainstorming and generating creative concepts and content.
- Approaching writing with research to understand the known universe.
- Developing messaging standards for client accounts, and following/evolving them throughout the life of the account.
- Implementing a brand voice/personality that is tailored specifically to each client.
- Presenting brand and campaign concepts to clients.
- Discussing clients’ strategic needs to introduce new ideas and approaches.
- Working hand-in-hand with other team members to bring ideas to life and ensure exceptional quality on all communication distributed by the agency.
While it’s hard to define the exact experience necessary, we are hoping to find someone that meets the requirements below.
- College education relevant to the position (advertising, creative writing, marketing, PR, communications or similar degree)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in which you have written for brand initiatives, met aggressive deadlines and driven projects, preferably at an agency or in another fast-paced environment
- Strong, concise, creative writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced communication skills, including both written (documents and presentations) and interpersonal communication skills
- Confidence and poise to successfully present creative to clients
- Ability to handle managing 10-15 projects simultaneously, while maintaining your cool
Think you have what it takes?