We are The Black Sheep Agency, a cause-driven brand strategy firm that works with impactful companies and organizations to activate communities around things that matter. Fiercely dedicated to serving our community, we strive to organize an army of co-conspirators who share a common vision. Together with our clients and collaborators, we unite around one thing—building a future we can believe in.
And we're looking to grow.
- Do you love to write—enough so that you’d label yourself a writer? Do you feel like you can write pretty much anything—whip up a headline in a matter of seconds, burrow in to write longer form content that shines from start to finish? Can you change your “voice” on a dime?
- Are you a self-starter? A figure-it-outer? A person who asks the right questions in order to take control of the situation and get things done? Do you have experience managing client projects and thinking strategically?
- Do you thrive on understanding what makes the world tick: in consumers, in culture and in business?
- Do you have experience creating strategies, encompassing idea generation, understanding a client’s true needs and putting it to paper?
If you answered an enthusiastic “YES!” to all of the above, we want to know more about you. Send us your resume, portfolio and/or writing samples, links to your social media profiles and a brief explanation of why YOU would like to join our brand management team.
Our brand managers own the client relationship on a day-to-day basis, serving as the primary point of contact and lead nurturer of the brand. While the position requires a “whatever-it-takes attitude,” some of the more predictable responsibilities include:
- Leading, developing, executing and presenting comprehensive brand strategies as part of a collaborative team.
- Creating and managing production schedules and deadlines to implement developed strategies.
- Brainstorming and generating creative concepts and content.
- Copywriting for advertising, marketing and various other materials and implementing a brand voice/personality that is tailored specifically to each client.
- Overseeing day-to-day production on client social media and digital accounts, providing feedback and direction for the team to ensure content is reaching our clients’ goals.
- Proactively monitoring for opportunities that will elevate brand visibility and preference/providing strategic counsel to clients to consistently introduce new ideas and approaches.
- Working hand-in-hand with other team members to bring ideas to life and ensure exceptional quality on all communication distributed by the agency.
While it’s hard to define the exact experience necessary, we are hoping to find someone that meets the requirements below—or someone who can prove to us that the experiences they’ve had beat what we came up with below. So, GO FOR IT.
- College education relevant to the position (advertising, digital, marketing, PR, communications or similar degree)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in which you have written for brand initiatives, met aggressive deadlines and driven projects, preferably at an agency or in another fast-paced environment
- Strong, concise, creative writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced communication skills, including both written (documents and presentations) and interpersonal communication skills
- Confidence and poise to successfully present strategy/program recommendations to clients
- Ability to handle managing 10-15 projects simultaneously, while maintaining your cool
Think you have what it takes?