Operations Manager job in Washington
Vacancy has expired
Job title: Operations Manager
Job type: Full time
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: CFO
Direct Reports: (1) Finance & Operations Analyst
Are you looking for a fulfilling position with a global social enterprise? We're hiring for a managerial/supervisory operations position with a growing global consumer packaged goods (CPG) company. We are looking to fill this position immediately.
About Divine Chocolate
Divine Chocolate is the only Fairtrade chocolate company that is also co-owned by cocoa farmers. Kuapa Kokoo, a co-operative of over 85,000 cocoa farmers in Ghana, benefit not only from the Fairtrade premium on the sale of their beans, but also receive the largest share (44%) of Divine’s distributable profits giving the farmers more economic stability, as well as the increased influence in the cocoa industry that company ownership brings.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, responsible, team player for a management position with our company. The position will support the smooth and efficient operation of supply chain processes, inventory management, warehousing and distribution and support Divine’s sales team by serving as expert on all supply, logistics and transport issues. Qualified candidates will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and participating in the full range of activities associated with small businesses.
Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of import, warehousing, distribution, and inventory management. Manage development of co-manufacturing projects. Communications with overseas partners and project management regarding new product introductions. Primary P&L Responsibility for maintaining budgeted storage, distribution, freighting, importation and costs of goods targets for growing a premium fair trade chocolate company.
- Coordinate purchase orders and transportation with overseas manufacturers
- Work closely with sales and finance to maintain accurate forecasts for products and related materials
- Arrange international freight shipments with freight forwarders
- Ensure recovery of cargo from the port and receipt of items into warehouse
Warehousing and Distribution
- Manage warehousing and 3PL providers in both USA and Canada
- Responsible for communicating orders, vendor requirements and distributions requirements to warehouse and freight providers
- Maximize cost efficiencies in shipping and orders from warehouse to consolidators and customers
- Perform monthly analysis of cost of storage and distribution
- Review 3PL performance and monitor corrective action plans
- Identify alternative 3PL providers as necessary
- Develop new relationships with transportation providers and warehouses where appropriate
Inventory and Product Management
- Maintain Master Product Database/Specifications
- Ensure proper product storage and enforce policy of FIFO inventory
- Conduct bi-annual inventory counts at warehouse location
- Execute full inspections on all imported products to ensure product quality control
- Serve as in-house compliance expert (FDA, CBP, Fairtrade Cert, Non-GMO, etc.)
- Ensure accurate completion of reports to all certifying agencies in a timely manner
Co-packing and Co-manufacturing
- Identify and develop relationships with co-manufacturers
- Manage requests for all co-packing and co-manufacturing proposals, including scope of work, pricing, bid comparison and awards
- Ensure that all co-packing and co-manufacturing projects are conducted with the Divine values in mind including sustainability, supply chain traceability, and brand messaging.
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel (up to 10%)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years operations experience, preferably in a CPG company
- Undergraduate degree in supply chain management and logistics
- Experience working with manufacturers
- Knowledge of FDA regulations and compliance
- Experience managing third party logistics providers
- Superior project management skills with ability to effectively prioritize and complete multiple and competing priorities within the prescribed timeframe.
- Proficiency managing an operations budget, including expense forecasting and budget monitoring.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proven relationship builder, passion for providing high level of customer service and maintaining positive internal and external relationships.
- Resourceful and adept at finding creative ways to achieve goals without a large resource pool.
- Comfortable working in a small business environment.
- Energy and enthusiasm for the vision and mission of Divine Chocolate
Salary is commensurate with experience. Divine Chocolate offers a competitive benefits package, including full coverage for health insurance (including vision/dental), contributions into a 401(k) account, and paid vacation/sick leave.
To apply, please send your resume along with a cover letter & salary requirements to Molly Skelly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Application for Operations Manager” in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.