Sales & Marketing Business Analyst job in Washington
Vacancy has expired
Job title: Sales & Marketing Business Analyst
Job type: Full-time
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: EVP General Manager
Are you looking for a fulfilling position with a global social enterprise? We're hiring for a business analyst position with a growing global consumer packaged goods (CPG) company. We are looking to fill this position immediately with a start date no later than January 8th, 2018.
About Divine Chocolate
Divine Chocolate is the only Fairtrade chocolate company that is also co-owned by cocoa farmers. Kuapa Kokoo, a co-operative of over 85,000 cocoa farmers in Ghana, benefit not only from the Fairtrade premium on the sale of their beans, but also receive the largest share (44%) of Divine’s distributable profits giving the farmers more economic stability, as well as the increased influence in the cocoa industry that company ownership brings.
The Business Analyst will work with the EVP and Sales Team to support sales planning & analysis. The team will look to the Business Analyst to help support best practices in sales forecasting, reporting and promotional analysis. The Business Analyst responsibilities include data analysis, reporting, market research, competitive analysis, planning and forecasting. Ideal candidates will have business analysis experience, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to derive insights from data that will enable Divine Chocolate to make better business decisions.
- Supporting the sales team in finding insights through analytics to help drive customer growth
- Provide syndicated data reports and analysis (Spins, Nielsen, IRI and Bedrock)
- Manage relationships and attend training with third party syndicated data teams (IRI and Bedrock)
- Publish weekly sales reports and monthly distributor reports
- Analyze sales data and promotional performance
- Provide base of sales forecast to develop annual plan based on account data
- Reporting and analysis for the Sales team including: reporting of sales and marketing results, key metrics and KPIs, campaign tracking and analysis, competitive analysis and ad hoc strategic analysis
- Provide market analysis to support new product development and marketing
- Develop corporate ethical KPI framework and scorecard
- Conduct consumer surveys as necessary to support NPD and brand marketing campaigns
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent systems skills including Excel & Power Point
- Demonstrated interest in chocolate, fair trade, socially responsible business or ethical food companies preferred
- Resourceful and adept at finding creative ways to achieve goals without a large resource pool
- Comfortable working in a small business environment
- Energy and enthusiasm for the vision and mission of Divine Chocolate
Salary is commensurate with experience. Divine Chocolate offers a competitive benefits package, including full coverage for health insurance (including vision/dental), contributions into a 401(k) account, and paid vacation/sick leave.
To apply, please send your resume along with a cover letter & salary requirements to Troy Pearley at email@example.com. Please put “Application for Business Analyst” in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.