Coordinator, Product Development job
Vacancy has expired
San Francisco, CA | Product Team | Reports to Project Manager, New Product Development
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where we need help
The Footwear Development team is looking for a Product Development Coordinator to help us build on and improve our line of sustainably designed footwear. We are a team of detail oriented, creative thinking problem solvers, continuously seeking ways to improve our existing products and extend our thoughtful design into new ones. This is an entry level role with the opportunity to have an immediate impact coordinating projects with various key stakeholders while improving and owning our product line management system as we scale the Product Development team.
What does the job entail?
- Manage Backbone PLM system (materials, components, costing updates)
- Initiate, track, document and report sample progress and timelines
- Manage Material Test Reports from factories and independent labs
- Work with Materials Innovation group on adopting improved materials into footwear specifications
- Manage daily communications & progress of package design between HQ Design, PD and factory packaging lead
- Liaise with Ops team as required (COGS, Material Suppliers, etc.)
- Liaise daily with Customer Experience team to learn about and propose action plans for improving product quality or production process
- Manage Weekly PD Update Summary
- Educate new hires about Allbirds product line, product history and shoemaking
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 1 or 2 years of footwear product development
- Excellent communication skills, Chinese/Korean languages a plus
- Facile with G-Suite, MS Office, Gantt charts, PowerPoint/Keynote and ability to learn new systems
- Creative thinker with strong desire to learn PD and shoemaking
- Highly organized, maniacal project management skills and attention to detail
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Expert in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in footwear industry
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Free shoes