Destination Centre Manager
BDCU Alliance Bank- Southern Highlands NSW
About the business and the role
We are looking for some one to join our Social Enterprise. If you are interested in working for a company that invests in the community, encourages community volunteering, has Bcorp certification and is committed to make a difference in our local communities then we want to hear from you.
We aim to do things differently at BDCU and making our traditional banking centres into a destination centre known as 'The Collective' is just one example. The Collective Centres are designed to connect local businesses, community groups and residents to a centre that offers meeting rooms, co work stations, business showcase facilities, café where applicable and of course BDCU's banking services.
We have plans to upgrade our Moss Vale centre in the near future and are therefore looking for the right person to fill a Collective Manager's role in Moss Vale. We are looking for someone that has proven experience in building strong community relationships, has a desire to personally make the Moss Vale community better and lead our team to success.
BDCU's commitment to our social enterprise strategy means the desirable attributes for the role are;
- Experience leading a group of people to a shared success
- Proven skills in creating and building strong relationships with key people
- Experience coaching and mentoring staff
- Desire to connect with community groups and corporate volunteering
- Managing events and/or retail environment
- Banking experience is a plus, however can be trained and therefore proven ability to learn new skills quickly is also desirable
The must have attributes include;
- Positive approach
- Desire to make your community a better place
- Commitment to people
- Desire to participate in corporate volunteering
- Ability to complete Tier 2 training in finance
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Assessing and approving consumer and business credit facilities within your Delegated Lending Authority (DLA) ensuring that credit risk is of an appropriate standard and that facilities are structured to meet the banks credit risk appetite.
- Assessing and recommending consumer and business credit facilities that fall outside your DLA.
- Managing end to end loan processes including; application, delivery channels, product and credit compliance and system management in order to improve the customer experience.
- Meeting agreed SLAs for turnaround times with lending proposals.
- Recommending and implementing remedial action, where appropriate, to ensure exposures remain within the banks risk appetite.
- Working with the culture team to set up a training program for the frontline lending team to ensure best practices are delivered by BDCU Alliance Bank lending staff.
- Recommending changes, where appropriate, to both pricing and policy initiatives to ensure they complement BDCU Alliance Banks's risk and growth objectives.
Skills and experience
- Sound assessment of consumer, local business and business banking credit risk.
- Ability to read and understand complex financial statements and corporate structures.
- Ability to complete detailed analysis on financial statements.
- Must have previously held a Delegated Lending Authority (DLA) for consumer, business or commercial lending.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act and other pertinent regulatory codes or acts.
- Tier 2 qualification in Financial Services.
For more details of the role and how you apply please visit www.bdcualliancebank.com.au, email recruitment@bdcualliancebank or call 02 48604000